Gord gets WIERD when people die at races.

crit pro

Guest
From: ronde chumpion ([email protected])
Subject: Gord gets WIERD when people die at races.
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Date: 2003-06-02 19:42:40 PST

Hey

First off, it is always very sad when someone loses their life at a
bicycle race. Nobody should die at such a young age, with so much life
ahead.

Gord

Three years ago, a big payday ($250,000) for winning all four
races BMC. Evryone knows the story. Nicole was killed in a freak
wreck, and the loss is tremendous. A great girl.
The men don't race, Gord and Horsetooth get plenty of GOOD
publicity saying that the 1/4 million should go to the family, or in a
fund, or whatever. Very nice....
Then, a few months later (when no one is looking), they want the
money. Either paid to them, or hold that fourth race on like
Thanksgiving. Are they serious???? What ****nuts.

Very tasteless to honor the loss with such a nice sentiment, and
then later renig on the deal. Screw them.

This year The Gord Hometown stage race. TBC tucson bicycle
classic.

He's won like 10 times here. It's his like the Tour is LA's. Stage
two, he misses the move, all his team is in it. His GC is over. Then a
rider (Garrett) is killed in another category. The gap was 6 minutes
with 5 miles to go in Gord's race when stopped.
The next day, he could choose to ride with his team, and
God-forbid even help his teammate for the overall. No, he 'honors' the
loss by pulling out. I GUARANTEE YOU he would have raced to win if he
still was in contention. What a loser. And then, to fxxk over a
teammate, no wonder they don't want to work for him now.
That would have been enough for me, but then I read the following
week his take on some internet interview, and he spouts off about all
this like he did the right thing, and the loss affected him, blah blah
blah.

And now he can't race in Philly on Sunday. He should give some
thought to hiring a PR person for his image. It's not so hot right
now.

Him and Cipo can have a beer together in July.

A little rough, but some of this stuff needs to get out there.

Thanks,
Ronde Chumpion