Gord

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringion, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Dude had Henk Vogels and Sayers leading him out last year and wasn't winning too much - sometimes
    could barely come around Henk and other sprinters were sticking it to him. The word was that he was
    about finished.

    This year he only has Sayers and is completely on fire.

    What is it? The uncertainty of not having a team in the winter a driving force? Freedom from
    Horseteefus?

    Whatever it is, it worked.

    I will predict that Miguel Meza will get around him a few times this year. He has an incredible
    jump. That said, 75% of winning a sprint is determined before the last 200m and Gord has had that
    down so far this year.

    Tags:

  2. Amit

    Amit Guest

    > Dude had Henk Vogels and Sayers leading him out last year and wasn't winning too much - sometimes
    > could barely come around Henk and other sprinters were sticking it to him. The word was that he
    > was about finished.
    >

    > This year he only has Sayers and is completely on fire.

    Sometimes when a sprinter is hot he is almost unbeatable. Remember Steels at the Tour a few years
    ago ? I'm not sure how this happens.

    > What is it? The uncertainty of not having a team in the winter a driving force? Freedom from
    > Horseteefus?

    He was on fire the year Merc went Div I too, and he had Koerts, Henk, Cooke on that same team.

    I haven't seen any of his races this year, just read about them, but it seems Saturn (or just
    Horner) is leading out Gord (?). Though Saturn has their own guy with Dionne.

    > I will predict that Miguel Meza will get around him a few times this year. He has an incredible
    > jump. That said, 75% of winning a sprint is determined before the last 200m and Gord has had that
    > down so far this year.

    The way sprinting is sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you can be the strongest and still
    get pipped.

    It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than Gord,
    but Gord wins a lot more often.

    -Amit

  3. J Dash Me

    J Dash Me Guest

    >It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than Gord,
    >but Gord wins a lot more often.
    >
    >-Amit

    I think it has to do more with what you had for breakfast. Jonas has got to lay off the twinkies.

    JC

  4. Danschmatz

    Danschmatz Guest

    << It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than
    Gord, but Gord wins a lot more often. >>

    --consistency--

    There are a few guys that are "faster" than Gord but here in the states there is no one that gets it
    done as much as Gord. He uses the least effort to get into position for the finish and has more
    fitness than the other quick guys.

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Healthnet is a dead broke team. Gordy is forced to do practically everything himself. Without Sayers
    he wouldn't have any support at all. He was a bullet in the last stage of Sea Otter.

    news:[email protected]...