Gord

Kurgan Gringion

Guest
Dude had Henk Vogels and Sayers leading him out last year and wasn't winning too much - sometimes
could barely come around Henk and other sprinters were sticking it to him. The word was that he was
about finished.

This year he only has Sayers and is completely on fire.

What is it? The uncertainty of not having a team in the winter a driving force? Freedom from
Horseteefus?

Whatever it is, it worked.

I will predict that Miguel Meza will get around him a few times this year. He has an incredible
jump. That said, 75% of winning a sprint is determined before the last 200m and Gord has had that
down so far this year.

news:<[email protected]>...
> Dude had Henk Vogels and Sayers leading him out last year and wasn't winning too much - sometimes
> could barely come around Henk and other sprinters were sticking it to him. The word was that he
> was about finished.
>

> This year he only has Sayers and is completely on fire.

Sometimes when a sprinter is hot he is almost unbeatable. Remember Steels at the Tour a few years
ago ? I'm not sure how this happens.

> What is it? The uncertainty of not having a team in the winter a driving force? Freedom from
> Horseteefus?

He was on fire the year Merc went Div I too, and he had Koerts, Henk, Cooke on that same team.

I haven't seen any of his races this year, just read about them, but it seems Saturn (or just
Horner) is leading out Gord (?). Though Saturn has their own guy with Dionne.

> I will predict that Miguel Meza will get around him a few times this year. He has an incredible
> jump. That said, 75% of winning a sprint is determined before the last 200m and Gord has had that
> down so far this year.

The way sprinting is sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you can be the strongest and still
get pipped.

It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than Gord,
but Gord wins a lot more often.

-Amit

>It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than Gord,
>but Gord wins a lot more often.
>
>-Amit

I think it has to do more with what you had for breakfast. Jonas has got to lay off the twinkies.

JC

<< It's hard to put a finger on what makes a good sprinter. Jonas is supposed to be faster than
Gord, but Gord wins a lot more often. >>

--consistency--

There are a few guys that are "faster" than Gord but here in the states there is no one that gets it
done as much as Gord. He uses the least effort to get into position for the finish and has more
fitness than the other quick guys.

Healthnet is a dead broke team. Gordy is forced to do practically everything himself. Without Sayers
he wouldn't have any support at all. He was a bullet in the last stage of Sea Otter.

news:[email protected]...