Gorski to pocket Heras buy-out cash.......

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Chumpion, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Hey,

    They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also earn
    around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.

    Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was more
    than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash goes to
    Gorski's pocket.

    With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    Tags:

  2. "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey,
    >
    > They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also earn
    > around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.
    >
    > Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was
    > more than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash goes
    > to Gorski's pocket.
    >
    > With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    Dumbass (and I truly mean it),

    Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St. Louis.

    http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.html

    Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.

    Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.

    You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.

  3. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "Carl Sundquist" [email protected]

    >Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    >
    >Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    >
    >You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.

    Hey Carl, this is RBR, being uninformed, irrational, and therefore opinionated qualifies you for
    Supreme Ruler. Unfortunately this disqualifies most of the people I respect around here from the
    race. If you've ever read the "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" books the chief attribute for
    electing the Galactic President was his ability to garner ALL the press attention so those who
    actually ran things could get the job done in peace. This seems to apply to RBR also. Bill C

  4. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >From: "Carl Sundquist" [email protected]
    >
    > >Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    > >
    > >Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    > >
    > >You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.
    >
    > Hey Carl, this is RBR, being uninformed, irrational, and therefore opinionated qualifies you for
    > Supreme Ruler. Unfortunately this disqualifies most of the people I respect around here from the
    > race. If you've ever read the "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" books the chief attribute for
    > electing the Galactic President was his ability to garner ALL the press attention so those who
    > actually ran things could get the job done in peace. This seems to apply to RBR also. Bill C

    Except that when Albright proclaimed himself Supreme Ruler, he was informed, not irrational (but
    irreverent), and a provocateur.

    Validity of Albright's supremeness would be that he still appears to be the standard by which all
    would-be supreme rulers are measured.

  5. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hey,
    >>
    >> They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also
    >> earn around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.
    >>
    >> Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was
    >> more than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash goes
    >> to Gorski's pocket.
    >>
    >> With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??
    >>
    >> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    >
    > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),
    >
    > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St. Louis.
    >
    > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.htm
    >

    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    >
    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    >
    > You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.

    Not only that, but isn't Tom Weisel the money behind Tailwind Sports? It seems only logical that the
    money would go back into his pocket (if they don't spend it on other riders).

    - Boyd S.

  6. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    God, you are such a complete DUMBASS. I seem to recall Heras shredding the pack up to La Mongie and handing Lance the yellow jersey in 2002. You obviously didn't watch that one. But what about the next stage to Plateau de Beille where Lance attacked and waited for Heras to try and bridge up to him so he could give Heras the stage. Sure, he couldn't drop Beloki enough so Bruyneel made him wait up, but Heras had dropped every other rider in the tour before that... He got sick on Ventoux - but that crap happens in a three week stage race.

    I sentence you to a harsh winter in front of the tv on the trainer watching old TdF tapes until you get your facts straight.

  7. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also
    > > earn around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.
    > >
    > > Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was
    > > more than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash
    > > goes to Gorski's pocket.
    > >
    > > With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    >
    > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),
    >
    > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St.
    Louis.

    > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.html

    Not to mention the fact that Tailwind Sports is big enough/deals with enough $$ that they undoubtly
    have the usual corporate money controls in place to reduce the possibility of embezzlement.

    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    >
    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.

    Can't argue with you there.

    Andy Coggan

  8. > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),

    > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St. Louis.
    >
    > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.html
    >

    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    >
    > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    >
    > You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.

    Hey Snarl,

    Thanks for the update. Please keep in mind that I am the Supreme Ruler-elect for 2004. I already
    stated earlier that there will be a phase in period, and oversights will happen. Understand that
    outbursts like yours will NOT be tolerated after New Years. I've put in my time, lurked for years,
    and now deservedly so will take over at the helm. You my friend, don't know shit about this sport.

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    I suspect it will depend on the contracts with their sponsors. The money might go back to the USPS
    and/or Berry Floor.

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >

    > > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Hey,
    > >>
    > >> They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also
    > >> earn around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.
    > >>
    > >> Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was
    > >> more than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash
    > >> goes to Gorski's pocket.
    > >>
    > >> With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??
    > >>
    > >> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    > >
    > > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),
    > >
    > > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St. Louis.
    > >
    > > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.htm
    > >

    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    > >
    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    > >
    > > You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.
    >
    > Not only that, but isn't Tom Weisel the money behind Tailwind Sports? It seems only logical that
    > the money would go back into his pocket (if
    they
    > don't spend it on other riders).
    >
    > - Boyd S.

  10. "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Thanks for the update. Please keep in mind that I am the Supreme Ruler-elect for 2004. I already
    > stated earlier that there will be a phase in period, and oversights will happen.

    Dumbass -

    Sweet.

    I would like to put in an application for Minister of Offense.

    If that job is full, then my second choice is RBR Pooper Scooper. IMO, that is a position just
    within the edges of my talent.

    thank you very much for you consideration,

    K. Gringioni aspiring Masters Fattie

  11. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    ronde chumpion <[email protected]> wrote:
    > You my friend, don't know shit about this sport.

    This reminds me of the time the Florida Hansen Brother asked Shaun Wallace if he had ever ridden a
    fixed gear.

    There are very few rules here. One is that you can be as obnoxious as you want so long as you are
    also funny, at least on occasion. You're failing, go away.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  12. Chemicalpeel

    Chemicalpeel Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Not only that, but isn't Tom Weisel the money behind Tailwind Sports? It seems only logical that
    > the money would go back into his pocket (if they don't spend it on other riders).
    >
    > - Boyd S.

    Collective dumbasses,

    Tailwind Sports is a company. Do you know how a company works? The money isn't going into anyone's
    pocket you idiots.

  13. Time Cop

    Time Cop New Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2003
    If Gorski isn't employed by USPS-Berry Floor (Tailwind Sports), why is he still listed on the team's "management" page?

  14. "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:

    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    > >
    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    >
    > Can't argue with you there.
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    Hey,

    Thanks alot Coggan. I considered you the intellectiual of the newsgroup. Someone to be respected,
    and usually one to stay above the fray. Welcome down to my level. I even defended your exclusive
    right to post for sale shit in RBR. A privilege you are in danger of losing when the new
    administration takes over command around here after New Years.

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion S-R elect

  15. On 12/04/2003 05:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Time Cop"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > If Gorski isn't employed by USPS-Berry Floor (Tailwind Sports), why is he still listed on the
    > team's "http://www.usps-berryfloor.com/managemen-
    > t.aspx?lang=en&co=usmanagement" page?

    Because they're slow updating the site?

    http://www.tailwindsports.com/newsite/news/62403.htm

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  16. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Andy Coggan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hey,
    > > >
    > > > They (USpS) will save the 1.2 million in salary with Heras leaving next year. They will also
    > > > earn around 1 million from the buy out fee Liberty and Roberto will have to fork over.
    > > >
    > > > Heras had bronchitis or something in 2002 at the Tour, and was useless. This year Beltran was
    > > > more than capable, so unless they sign Chris Horner or Jonathan Erdyeli, my bet is the cash
    > > > goes to Gorski's pocket.
    > > >
    > > > With USpS winding down next year, why wouldn't he? Comments anyone??
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    > >
    > > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),
    > >
    > > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St.
    > Louis.
    > >
    > > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.html
    >
    > Not to mention the fact that Tailwind Sports is big enough/deals with enough $$ that they
    > undoubtly have the usual corporate money controls in place to reduce the possibility of
    > embezzlement.

    Well, if the examples provided by Enron, Tyco, etc. in the last couple of years is anything to go
    by, then those corporate controls may not be enough. That being said, however, I completely agree
    with you that the chances of the "extra" cash Tailwind -may- end up with going into anyone's
    pockets is extremely slim.

    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    > >
    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    >
    > Can't argue with you there.
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    I thought that to be 'Supreme Ruler elect', there needed to be an election that one won.
    Declaring yourself SR elect in the absence of an election is pretty silly. Sort of like declaring
    yourself King Shit of Turd Island.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Danger, you haven't seen the last of me!"
    "No, but the first of you turns my stomach!"
    Firesign Theatre

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  17. "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I thought that to be 'Supreme Ruler elect', there needed to be an election that one won.
    > Declaring yourself SR elect in the absence of an election is pretty silly. Sort of like
    > declaring yourself King Shit of Turd Island.

    Dumbass -

    Being Supreme Ruler of RBR is equivalent to being King Shit of Turd Island.

    K. Gringioni not the SR

  18. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I thought that to be 'Supreme Ruler elect', there needed to be an election that one won.
    > > Declaring yourself SR elect in the absence of an election is pretty silly. Sort of like
    > > declaring yourself King Shit of Turd Island.
    >

    > Dumbass -
    >

    > Being Supreme Ruler of RBR is equivalent to being King Shit of Turd Island.

    Exactly my point. So what's that say about the person who claims the title unbidden? By the
    way, you said you wanted to put in an application for Minister of Offense. Application?!?!?
    Huh? What's that about? Just claim it and it's yours - at least if recent procedure is
    anything to go by.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Danger, you haven't seen the last of me!"
    "No, but the first of you turns my stomach!"
    Firesign Theatre

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  19. "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Dumbass (and I truly mean it),
    > >
    > > Gorski doesn't works for Tailwind Sports or USPS any more. He moved to St. Louis.
    > >
    > > http://vn1.velonews.com/news/fea/4196.0.html
    > >

    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Ruler? No way.
    > >
    > > Ronde Chumpion = Supreme Fool? Looks like it.
    > >
    > > You can't even come up with a decent or original pseudonym.
    >
    > Hey Snarl,
    >
    > Thanks for the update. Please keep in mind that I am the Supreme Ruler-elect for 2004. I already
    > stated earlier that there will be a phase in period, and oversights will happen. Understand that
    > outbursts like yours will NOT be tolerated after New Years. I've put in my time, lurked for
    > years, and now deservedly so will take over at the helm. You my friend, don't know shit about
    > this sport.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    There's only one person who used to call me that. I'd be greatly disappointed if you two
    were the same.

  20. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> Hey Snarl,
    >
    > There's only one person who used to call me that. I'd be greatly disappointed if you two were
    > the same.

    The implications would be ominous. And entertaining.