gosh! and from politicians as well...

Tony Raven wrote:

> Cycling on the pavement too. "That'll be a £30 on the spot fine miss"

It should be an imprisonable offence to have bar ends fixed at that
angle. And to have purple-anodised anything. This isn't 1991, you know.

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
> > Cycling on the pavement too. "That'll be a £30 on the spot fine miss"

> It should be an imprisonable offence to have bar ends fixed at that
> angle. And to have purple-anodised anything. This isn't 1991, you know.

Trolling for Myra?

>Trolling for Myra?

Speaking of Myra... anyone know how she's doing these days? The offspring must
be growing up fast. I hope she & the family are well.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> >Trolling for Myra?

> Speaking of Myra... anyone know how she's doing these days? The offspring must
> be growing up fast. I hope she & the family are well.

Alert! Killfile failure detected!

>> Trolling for Myra?

> Speaking of Myra... anyone know how she's doing these days? The offspring
> must be growing up fast. I hope she & the family are well.

She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to get back to cycling
although the bikes are apparently gathering a little dust. Hoping to go on a
Sunday club run with her in the next weekend or so for a catch up.

Tony

>She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to get back to cycling
>although the bikes are apparently gathering a little dust. Hoping to go on a
>Sunday club run with her in the next weekend or so for a catch up.
>
>Tony

Thanks for that Tony. When you see her, please pass on my best wishes.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> >> Trolling for Myra?

> > Speaking of Myra... anyone know how she's doing these days? The offspring
> > must be growing up fast. I hope she & the family are well.
> >

> She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to get back to cycling
> although the bikes are apparently gathering a little dust. Hoping to go on a
> Sunday club run with her in the next weekend or so for a catch up.

Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a reward she can have a pair of
purple anodised straddle cable hangers that I turned up in my bits box a few
weekends back.
--
Mark South
Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net

"Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to get back to cycling
> > although the bikes are apparently gathering a little dust.

I've never left cycling, in the sense that I ride to work every day
and do most of my running around by bike, including dropping Ellen off
and picking her up from the childminders by bike. I do about 30
miles/week this way.

But I'm trying to get back into longer, recreational rides, and have
dusted off the Airnimal for rides with a local cycling club (only
lightweight bike I have!)

-Myra

> Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a reward she can have a pair of
> purple anodised straddle cable hangers that I turned up in my bits box a few
> weekends back.

I have sold my bike with all the purple bits, so I'm afraid they
wouldn't be too much use now!

-Myra

"Myra VanInwegen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to get back to

cycling
> > > although the bikes are apparently gathering a little dust.

> I've never left cycling, in the sense that I ride to work every day
> and do most of my running around by bike, including dropping Ellen off
> and picking her up from the childminders by bike. I do about 30
> miles/week this way.

Jolly good.

> But I'm trying to get back into longer, recreational rides, and have
> dusted off the Airnimal for rides with a local cycling club (only
> lightweight bike I have!)

Good luck.

> > Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a reward she can have a

pair of
> > purple anodised straddle cable hangers that I turned up in my bits box a few
> > weekends back.

> I have sold my bike with all the purple bits, so I'm afraid they
> wouldn't be too much use now!

I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last person in the world with
purple anodised bits on their bike, and who else can I offload the damn things
on? :)
--
Mark South
Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net
<<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid
says...
> I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last person in the world with
> purple anodised bits on their bike, and who else can I offload the damn things
> on? :)

Do you have any matching canti brakes? I might be interested as part of
a challenge to make either a super-cool or offensively coloured bike.

Jon

"Jon Senior" <jon@restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid
> says...
> > I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last person in the world with
> > purple anodised bits on their bike, and who else can I offload the damn

things
> > on? :)

> Do you have any matching canti brakes? I might be interested as part of
> a challenge to make either a super-cool or offensively coloured bike.

I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set of canti brake levers
to match :)

I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-to: address.
--
Mark South
Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net
<<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

> <<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

This has been bugging me for ages. Why 'Halt! The chicken has a grenade!'?

Mark South [email protected]lid opined the following...
> I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set of canti brake levers
> to match :)

Mmmmmm.

> I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-to: address.

It's not that bad. I'd send you a direct email, but yours appears to be
uneditable!

Jon

"Mark Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > <<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

> This has been bugging me for ages. Why 'Halt! The chicken has a grenade!'?

It's a quote from a cartoon show I once saw on french cartoon network. ("Tiens"
can mean other things, like "look" or "check it out" etc.) So it's more like
"Hey! That chicken has a grenade!"

In the cartoon, the chicken was running very fast, carrying a grenade. It was a
roast chicken.

My other favourite line was Death saying "Le desolation, c'est moi!" and the
little girl stepping into the frame and replying "Tu reve!"

I hope this helps, but doubt greatly that it will :)
--
Mark South
Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net
<<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark South [email protected]lid opined the following...
> > I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set of canti brake

levers
> > to match :)

> Mmmmmm.

I do, I found them in a box in the garage today.

> > I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-to: address.

You have mail.

> It's not that bad. I'd send you a direct email, but yours appears to be
> uneditable!

<mrs_scum>
I HATE Spam!
</mrs_scum>
--

Mark South wrote:

> It's a quote from a cartoon show I once saw on french cartoon network. ("Tiens"
> can mean other things, like "look" or "check it out" etc.) So it's more like
> "Hey! That chicken has a grenade!"
>
> In the cartoon, the chicken was running very fast, carrying a grenade. It was a
> roast chicken.
>
> My other favourite line was Death saying "Le desolation, c'est moi!" and the
> little girl stepping into the frame and replying "Tu reve!"
>
> I hope this helps, but doubt greatly that it will :)

My favourite French phrase is from a Young Gods song and is "Un jour je
n'y crois plus, je le mettrai dans le cul".

Which roughly translates as "The day I stop believing, I'll stick it up
my a*se".

Not terribly useful unless you're Piers Morgan trying to think of
something witty to say when the Mirror Newspapers Board have just sacked
you for publishing porky-pies.