gosh! and from politicians as well...

Tony Raven wrote:

> Cycling on the pavement too. "That'll be a £30 on the spot
> fine miss"

It should be an imprisonable offence to have bar ends fixed
at that angle. And to have purple-anodised anything. This
isn't 1991, you know.

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
> > Cycling on the pavement too. "That'll be a £30 on the
> > spot fine miss"
>
> It should be an imprisonable offence to have bar ends
> fixed at that angle. And to have purple-anodised anything.
> This isn't 1991, you know.

Trolling for Myra?

> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> >> Trolling for Myra?
> >
> > Speaking of Myra... anyone know how she's doing these
> > days? The offspring must be growing up fast. I hope she
> > & the family are well.
> >
> She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to
> get back to cycling although the bikes are apparently
> gathering a little dust. Hoping to go on a Sunday club run
> with her in the next weekend or so for a catch up.

Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a reward
she can have a pair of purple anodised straddle cable
hangers that I turned up in my bits box a few weekends back.
--
Mark South Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net <<Tiens!
Ce poulet a une grenade!

"Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying to
> > get back to cycling although the bikes are apparently
> > gathering a little dust.

I've never left cycling, in the sense that I ride to work
every day and do most of my running around by bike,
including dropping Ellen off and picking her up from the
childminders by bike. I do about 30 miles/week this way.

But I'm trying to get back into longer, recreational rides,
and have dusted off the Airnimal for rides with a local
cycling club (only lightweight bike I have!)

-Myra

> Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a
> reward she can have a pair of purple anodised straddle
> cable hangers that I turned up in my bits box a few
> weekends back.

I have sold my bike with all the purple bits, so I'm afraid
they wouldn't be too much use now!

-Myra

"Myra VanInwegen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > She and Ellen are apparently well and Myra is trying
> > > to get back to
cycling
> > > although the bikes are apparently gathering a little
> > > dust.
>
> I've never left cycling, in the sense that I ride to work
> every day and do most of my running around by bike,
> including dropping Ellen off and picking her up from the
> childminders by bike. I do about 30 miles/week this way.

Jolly good.

> But I'm trying to get back into longer, recreational
> rides, and have dusted off the Airnimal for rides with a
> local cycling club (only lightweight bike I have!)

Good luck.

> > Tell her that if she gets back to riding soo, as a
> > reward she can have a
pair of
> > purple anodised straddle cable hangers that I turned up
> > in my bits box a few weekends back.
>
> I have sold my bike with all the purple bits, so I'm
> afraid they wouldn't be too much use now!

I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last person in
the world with purple anodised bits on their bike, and who
else can I offload the damn things on? :)
--
Mark South Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net <<Tiens!
Ce poulet a une grenade!

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last person
> in the world with purple anodised bits on their bike, and
> who else can I offload the damn things on? :)

Do you have any matching canti brakes? I might be interested
as part of a challenge to make either a super-cool or
offensively coloured bike.

Jon

"Jon Senior" <jon@restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > I'll need the victim's name, they must be the last
> > person in the world with purple anodised bits on their
> > bike, and who else can I offload the damn
things
> > on? :)
>
> Do you have any matching canti brakes? I might be
> interested as part of a challenge to make either a super-
> cool or offensively coloured bike.

I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set of
canti brake levers to match :)

I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-
to: address.
--
Mark South Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net <<Tiens!
Ce poulet a une grenade!

> <<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>

This has been bugging me for ages. Why 'Halt! The chicken
has a grenade!'?

Mark South [email protected] opined the following...
> I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set
> of canti brake levers to match :)

Mmmmmm.

> I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-
> to: address.

It's not that bad. I'd send you a direct email, but yours
appears to be uneditable!

Jon

"Mark Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > <<Tiens! Ce poulet a une grenade!>>
>
> This has been bugging me for ages. Why 'Halt! The chicken
> has a grenade!'?

It's a quote from a cartoon show I once saw on french
cartoon network. ("Tiens" can mean other things, like "look"
or "check it out" etc.) So it's more like "Hey! That chicken
has a grenade!"

In the cartoon, the chicken was running very fast, carrying
a grenade. It was a roast chicken.

My other favourite line was Death saying "Le desolation,
c'est moi!" and the little girl stepping into the frame and
replying "Tu reve!"

I hope this helps, but doubt greatly that it will :)
--
Mark South Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net <<Tiens!
Ce poulet a une grenade!

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark South [email protected] opined the following...
> > I don't think I ever had the brakes, but I do have a set
> > of canti brake
levers
> > to match :)
>
> Mmmmmm.

I do, I found them in a box in the garage today.

> > I'll email you when I'm strong enough to edit your reply-
> > to: address.

You have mail.

> It's not that bad. I'd send you a direct email, but yours
> appears to be uneditable!

<mrs_scum> I HATE Spam! </mrs_scum>
--

Mark South wrote:

> It's a quote from a cartoon show I once saw on french
> cartoon network. ("Tiens" can mean other things, like
> "look" or "check it out" etc.) So it's more like "Hey!
> That chicken has a grenade!"
>
> In the cartoon, the chicken was running very fast,
> carrying a grenade. It was a roast chicken.
>
> My other favourite line was Death saying "Le desolation,
> c'est moi!" and the little girl stepping into the frame
> and replying "Tu reve!"
>
> I hope this helps, but doubt greatly that it will :)

My favourite French phrase is from a Young Gods song and is
"Un jour je n'y crois plus, je le mettrai dans le cul".

Which roughly translates as "The day I stop believing, I'll
stick it up my a*se".

Not terribly useful unless you're Piers Morgan trying to
think of something witty to say when the Mirror Newspapers
Board have just sacked you for publishing porky-pies.