Got me a new ride!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Duckwah, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

Just scored myself a new bike and thought i'd share it with everyone!

After almost spending $300 to fix various problems on my Giant OCR 3 I decided to look for a decent second hand bike to tide me over until I can afford my dream bike (Orbea Orca).

Anyway a few days on Ebay and I found this bike.

Its an almost brand new FORT frame (aluminium with carbon seat stays and fork), Ambrosio sonar wheels (which i might swap for my trusty protons) and full 2003 Campag Centaur.

In itself it would be nothing super special but instead of paying $3500 retail i picked it up for $1550 Aus and its only had 10 weeks of use!!!!

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but i'll be up for a ride tomorrow and hopefully i won't break my neck with the front brake connected to the left brake lever!.

Anyway here is a picture of it

Tags:

2. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Cool deal, Duck. Looks like fun. The world needs more people on Centaur, anyways... it's a neat drivetrain that's often overlooked. If my Giant ever dies, I'll try and find a Centaur-equipped bike to back up my Klein.

Happy riding! Let us know how it rolls!

3. dhk

dhk New Member

Looks like a great bike. I like the way the cool paint job goes with the black wheels. Wish you many happy miles.

4. renoster

renoster New Member

I agree that the Orca frame must be the sexiest piece of cycling equipment since Mario Cipollini started wearing zebra stripes.

5. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

Ah....Ok..... Cipo is not my idea of sexy but what ever pushes your buttons

Well after a couple of hard rides on the new bike i'm now even happier than when i picked the bike up for such a bargain price.

1. Campag- WOW! the centaur stuff is super precise and smooth and i love having 10 close ratios. The ability to trim the front derailleur is also vey nice

2. Carbon- Coming from a full aluminium bike i was pleasantly surprised how much the forks and seat stays damp out nasty road vibrations. All this despite a seat which feels like a piece of concrete for the first few minutes of a ride

3. Stiff! this bike is so much stiffer than my old giant its not funny. I can feel more power going into forward motion with every pedal stroke

4. The sound of silience- my old bike used to creak and the lack of noise is a welcome change!

All up i'm very impressed with this bike!!!