Got my HepCat!!!! Now I have to store it.

PreciousBbird

New Member
Apr 12, 2003
I have a GearUp rack - it's one of those tension things that goes from floor to ceiling with little arms that stick out. I think hanging my beauty on it will not work, even though it worked OK for my old 'comfort bike'. I would like to continue using it - does anyone have a suggestion of how to modify it so it will work? I live in a condo with an underground parking stall and I don't want HepCat sitting on the ground.

Thank you. :)

> I have a GearUp rack - it's one of those tension things that goes from floor to ceiling with
> little arms that stick out. I think hanging my beauty on it will not work, even though it worked
> OK for my old 'comfort bike'. I would like to continue using it - does anyone have a suggestion of
> how to modify it so it will work? I live in a condo with an underground parking stall and I don't
> want HepCat sitting on the ground.

I hang my P-38 Voyager on something similar. If your arms of your GearUp rack are adjustable, lower
the top one and rest the monotube on the arms at a proper balance point. Then run a 'keeper' cord
(bungee or otherwise) to the arms from the seat or H/B to maintain balance so it doesn't fall in
your face.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

I'm sorry I have no practical suggestions for your rack, nevertheless, I have full confidence in
your innate ability to improvise because innovation is a common characteristic of all benters, born
of necessity. I've lost count of how many devices I've "adapted" for my own bent. Your own rack
solution will only be the first of many bent "projects", I'm sure.

PreciousBbird <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a GearUp rack - it's one of those tension things that goes from floor to ceiling with
> little arms that stick out. I think hanging my beauty on it will not work, even though it worked
> OK for my old 'comfort bike'. I would like to continue using it - does anyone have a suggestion of
> how to modify it so it will work? I live in a condo with an underground parking stall and I don't
> want HepCat sitting on the ground.
>
> Thank you. :)

If you're still not happy with the GearUp rack to hold it, just park your bike vertically, on its
back wheel, in a closet.

C.C.