Got my Sidis wet..

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Meek One, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Meek One

Meek One New Member

So I got my good weather carbon Sidis all wet and now they are hard as a rock. What is a good cleaner, softener? Thanks.

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Well, not only did you get them wet (FYI. Leather CAN get wet), I'll bet you tried to dry them with HEAT -- is that right?!?

Presuming you didn't do irreparable harm to the leather, you want to wet your shoes, again (cold to luke warm water) to get the leather to swell ... let the leather become soft ... put a pair of plastic bread bags over your cycling socks (one on each foot), and put the shoes on ... watch TV, or something which doesn't require you to walk around OR get on your trainer.

When the shoes finally dry, they should be "okay."

Treat the shoes with SnoSeal.

BUT, if you damaged the leather by using heat to dry them, then you'll probably have to take them to a shoe repair shop to sew patches over the areas where the leather may crack/split (unless you can do that kind of mending, yourself).

If the shoes are 'Lorica'/(synthetic), then I don't know why the uppers are stiff.

3. pat5319

pat5319 New Member

If I'm not mistaken the shoes are made of lorica not leather, I've gotten mine wet lots of times (often on purpose) and rode them dry or air dried no problems.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

You realize the thread is a year old, right?