got neoprene?

Dej

Guest
gday,
any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather? the cold doesnt bother me
too much but my feet had their very own swimming pools in the shoes on the
way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)
i seem to recall a post a while back suggesting that the dean woods
overshoes work well? these are $47 which is pretty good i guess..
any others worth checking out?

ps, congrats to the guy on the old blue pug with a hell of a lot less wet
weather gear than me (not to mention 'insulating blubber') and still hiking
along like it was 25 degrees and sunny..

Dej wrote:

> any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather?
> the cold doesnt bother me too much but my feet had
> their very own swimming pools in the shoes on the
> way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)

I have a pair of Netti ones, which were good for the commute in winter back when I lived in Canberra, but are _way_ too hot any other time. Unless it was cold and frosty, my feet would end up drenched in their own sweat. Maybe some mudguards are the go?

Regards,

Suzy

suzyj said:
Dej wrote:

> any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather?
> the cold doesnt bother me too much but my feet had
> their very own swimming pools in the shoes on the
> way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)

I have a pair of Netti ones, which were good for the commute in winter back when I lived in Canberra, but are _way_ too hot any other time. Unless it was cold and frosty, my feet would end up drenched in their own sweat. Maybe some mudguards are the go?

Regards,

Suzy
BBB ones look the goods, although I've yet to try them . . .

M "judiciously avoiding precipitation" H

Dej said:
gday,
any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather? the cold doesnt bother me
too much but my feet had their very own swimming pools in the shoes on the
way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)
i seem to recall a post a while back suggesting that the dean woods
overshoes work well? these are $47 which is pretty good i guess..
any others worth checking out?

ps, congrats to the guy on the old blue pug with a hell of a lot less wet
weather gear than me (not to mention 'insulating blubber') and still hiking
along like it was 25 degrees and sunny..

Assos. As usual they are expensive, but they haven't leaked on me yet.

Dej said:
gday,
any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather? the cold doesnt bother me
too much but my feet had their very own swimming pools in the shoes on the
way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)
i seem to recall a post a while back suggesting that the dean woods
overshoes work well? these are $47 which is pretty good i guess..
any others worth checking out?

ps, congrats to the guy on the old blue pug with a hell of a lot less wet
weather gear than me (not to mention 'insulating blubber') and still hiking
along like it was 25 degrees and sunny..
I have BBB Hard Wear neoprene booties - a bit of overkill really in Perth, but my morning commute includes a couple of sections of bike path beside the river that often flood in winter. These booties even keep the shoes dry going through these flooded bits which are each around 20 metres long and around 30cm at the deepest usually. Longer/deeper might be more of a challenge for the booties.

I wear MTB shoes to commute and, if I recall, the DWD items did not come in a big enough size to go over the thicker MTB shoe sole and to fit my foot (I take a size 45 shoe). I got the BBBs from Cecil.

SteveA

"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Dej Wrote:
>> gday,
>> any recommendations on overshoes for wet weather? the cold doesnt
>> bother me
>> too much but my feet had their very own swimming pools in the shoes on
>> the
>> way to work this morning, and that is a bit annoying:)
>> i seem to recall a post a while back suggesting that the dean woods
>> overshoes work well? these are $47 which is pretty good i guess..
>> any others worth checking out?
>>
>> ps, congrats to the guy on the old blue pug with a hell of a lot less
>> wet
>> weather gear than me (not to mention 'insulating blubber') and still
>> hiking
>> along like it was 25 degrees and sunny..

> I have BBB Hard Wear neoprene booties - a bit of overkill really in
> Perth, but my morning commute includes a couple of sections of bike
> path beside the river that often flood in winter. These booties even
> keep the shoes dry going through these flooded bits which are each
> around 20 metres long and around 30cm at the deepest usually.
> Longer/deeper might be more of a challenge for the booties.
>
> I wear MTB shoes to commute and, if I recall, the DWD items did not
> come in a big enough size to go over the thicker MTB shoe sole and to
> fit my foot (I take a size 45 shoe). I got the BBBs from Cecil.
>
> SteveA
>

> --
> SteveA

thanks all,
i ended up getting the netti ones from dwd (they dont have the dwd ones
anymore:( )
also a clip on mudguard for the back wheel:)
i dont mind getting water spray on me, but my not so waterproof backpack and
contents may appreciate the mudguard

<snip>

thanks all,
i ended up getting the netti ones from dwd (they dont have the dwd ones
anymore:( )
also a clip on mudguard for the back wheel:)
i dont mind getting water spray on me, but my not so waterproof backpack and
contents may appreciate the mudguard[/QUOTE]
That was quick!!

A mudguard as well, eh? One of the other guys here who rides to work has a 'brake arch mudguard'. It sits inside his road brake calipers, is mounted between brake shoe and caliper, and is made out of a section of the clear ribbed plastic that shop-bought water comes in. I'm not sure how effective it is, but it gets points for ingenuity.

SteveA

SteveA said:
<snip>

thanks all,
i ended up getting the netti ones from dwd (they dont have the dwd ones
anymore:( )
also a clip on mudguard for the back wheel:)
i dont mind getting water spray on me, but my not so waterproof backpack and
contents may appreciate the mudguard
That was quick!!

A mudguard as well, eh? One of the other guys here who rides to work has a 'brake arch mudguard'. It sits inside his road brake calipers, is mounted between brake shoe and caliper, and is made out of a section of the clear ribbed plastic that shop-bought water comes in. I'm not sure how effective it is, but it gets points for ingenuity.

SteveA[/QUOTE]
I'd luv to find some booties for my MTB shoes, I tried my LBS, but the ones they had there wouldn't fit my shoe (I've got a broad foot).

So I've resorted to putting a freezer bag over my shoes, cutting a hole in the bottom for my cleats, then wrapping gladwrap around my ankles to prevent any water coming in...hey it may not look flash, but least it keeps me bone dry. Theres nothing I hate more than puddles in my shoes.

essendon93 said:
Just backreading...so the BBB booties will fit a MTB shoe?
They've got a strap which holds the, for want of a better word, 'upper' securely to your shoe. Plenty of room for adjustment.

M "wooly socks! " H

mfhor said:
They've got a strap which holds the, for want of a better word, 'upper' securely to your shoe. Plenty of room for adjustment.

M "wooly socks! " H
Cool I'll check them out