Got out on the bike

  • Thread starter Wafflycathcsdir
  • Start date



Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
The chest still hurts & I'm still coughing but I would go crazy if I didn't get out today!

CCBreckland had another 4-up training + tea & cakes, so the entire Unfit Family Simmons went over.
For me, it was the first time on the bike in a fortnight :(

Vernon, resplendent in his Lycra - except when he stuffs his jersey pockets on his rear with various
odds & ends and he takes on a new name of "Old Baboon Bottom" ;-) Nathan even joined in with the
cycling. Vernon & Nathan did the whole circuit but moi... eh, no. Not today. I probably did little
more than a mile and I was coughing my lungs up so I thought it advisable to stop whilst I could
still breathe :) At least I got out, even if only for a little while. If tomorrow is a pleasant day,
I'll give it another go - but again, just a little bit, I want to recover not kill myself!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> writes
>The chest still hurts & I'm still coughing but I would go crazy if I didn't get out today!
>
>CCBreckland had another 4-up training + tea & cakes, so the entire Unfit Family Simmons went over.
>For me, it was the first time on the bike in a fortnight :(
>
>Vernon, resplendent in his Lycra - except when he stuffs his jersey pockets on his rear with
>various odds & ends and he takes on a new name of "Old Baboon Bottom" ;-)

Someone once sent me a postcard someone with a picture of one of those big apes with the
multi-coloured faces. The caption said, 'If you think this is something, wait till you see my ****.'

Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.

Glad you enjoyed the ride, even if it was truncated.
--
The Big Baguette
 
W

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
>Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
>
>Glad you enjoyed the ride, even if it was truncated.

Didn't I shall have to listen to it via the Net.

Oh! Forgot - first time out on my new saddle - Terry's Liberator TiLite complete with fart hole.
Exceedingly comfortable so far.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~
 
C

Clive George

Guest
"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
> >
> >Glad you enjoyed the ride, even if it was truncated.
>
> Didn't I shall have to listen to it via the Net.
>
> Oh! Forgot - first time out on my new saddle - Terry's Liberator TiLite complete with fart hole.
> Exceedingly comfortable so far.

Is it a fart hole or a spaghetti measurer?

cheers, clive
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Clive George <[email protected]> writes
>"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> >Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
>> >
>> >Glad you enjoyed the ride, even if it was truncated.
>>
>> Didn't I shall have to listen to it via the Net.
>>
>> Oh! Forgot - first time out on my new saddle - Terry's Liberator TiLite complete with fart hole.
>> Exceedingly comfortable so far.
>
>Is it a fart hole or a spaghetti measurer?
>
Ah, I know that feeling. Have you been overdoing the curry?
--
The Big Baguette
 
T

Tony Raven

Guest
The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
>

Yes it was a good'un especially the part where "I'm Charlotte Green" broke down in a fit of giggles
trying to read a newspaper cutting

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
>>
>
>Yes it was a good'un especially the part where "I'm Charlotte Green" broke down in a fit of giggles
>trying to read a newspaper cutting
>
>Tony
>
Wasn't that fantastic? I think what got her going was Sandy Toksvig's 'innocent' question as to
'whether there was that much difference between the erect and resting penis?' And whether anyone
would actually go into a shop and, knowing that condoms came in large, regular or trim sizes, ask
for trim? This had resonance for me. A few years ago the face of the child at the Boots checkout
made it clear that she wondered what business an old fart like me could possibly have with the pack
of 12 for the weekend nestling in my basket. As she peered at them, I said, 'these _are_ the large
size, aren't they?' Her reaction was worth the tight lips (ooerr, missus) on the matron behind me.
--
The Big Baguette
 
D

David Pipes

Guest
In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> writes
>Vernon, resplendent in his Lycra - except when he stuffs his jersey pockets on his rear with
>various odds & ends and he takes on a new name of "Old Baboon Bottom" ;-) Nathan even joined in
>with the cycling. Vernon & Nathan did the whole circuit but moi... eh, no. Not today. I probably
>did little more than a mile and I was coughing my lungs up so I thought it advisable to stop
>whilst I could still breathe :) At least I got out, even if only for a little while. If tomorrow
>is a pleasant day, I'll give it another go - but again, just a little bit, I want to recover not
>kill myself!
At last, a fellow 'puffer and cougher'. I was beginning to think I was the only one who suffered
after such a short distance - I don't feel so bad now. I can't match Vernon's 'spray-on rear' for
visual delight (I find baggies better at camouflaging my barrage balloon-like proportions) though my
new hi-viz bright orange/yellow fleece, a bargain on e-bay at a fiver, frightens wildlife and old
ladies. It's either that or my lime green hat with little aliens on - no one misses me when I'm on
my bike or rather I try to make sure they all do! At the present rate of progress I'll still be
breaking in my new Brooks Flyer when I'm 90 - just the thought of it makes my conkers twinge....
there must be an easier way. Ho hum, time for another slice of choccy sponge pud!
--
DP
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]uk>, David Pipes
<[email protected]> writes
>In message <[email protected]>, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> writes
>>Wasn't that fantastic? I think what got her going was Sandy Toksvig's 'innocent' question as to
>>'whether there was that much difference between the erect and resting penis?' And whether anyone
>>would actually go into a shop and, knowing that condoms came in large, regular or trim sizes, ask
>>for trim? This had resonance for me. A few years ago the face of the child at the Boots checkout
>>made it clear that she wondered what business an old fart like me could possibly have with the
>>pack of 12 for the weekend nestling in my basket. As she peered at them, I said, 'these _are_ the
>>large size, aren't they?' Her reaction was worth the tight lips (ooerr, missus) on the matron
>>behind me.
>During World War 2, British Soldiers discovered that placing a condom over the end of their gun
>barrels kept them dry and clean but no condoms existed for larger weapons and a suggestion was sent
>to Churchill to have some 18" long condoms made to cover larger gun barrels. Churchill agreed
>provided: they were clearly marked "For British Serviceman Use Only" they were also marked "Small"

:)
--
The Big Baguette
 
J

Just Zis Guy

Guest
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:31:59 +0000, David Pipes <[email protected]> wrote:

>During World War 2, British Soldiers discovered that placing a condom over the end of their gun
>barrels kept them dry and clean but no condoms existed for larger weapons and a suggestion was sent
>to Churchill to have some 18" long condoms made to cover larger gun barrels. Churchill agreed
>provided: they were clearly marked "For British Serviceman Use Only" they were also marked "Small"

Ah, the old ones are best, aren't they? :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.
 
D

David Pipes

Guest
In message <[email protected]>, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> writes
>Wasn't that fantastic? I think what got her going was Sandy Toksvig's 'innocent' question as to
>'whether there was that much difference between the erect and resting penis?' And whether anyone
>would actually go into a shop and, knowing that condoms came in large, regular or trim sizes, ask
>for trim? This had resonance for me. A few years ago the face of the child at the Boots checkout
>made it clear that she wondered what business an old fart like me could possibly have with the pack
>of 12 for the weekend nestling in my basket. As she peered at them, I said, 'these _are_ the large
>size, aren't they?' Her reaction was worth the tight lips (ooerr, missus) on the matron behind me.
During World War 2, British Soldiers discovered that placing a condom over the end of their gun
barrels kept them dry and clean but no condoms existed for larger weapons and a suggestion was sent
to Churchill to have some 18" long condoms made to cover larger gun barrels. Churchill agreed
provided: they were clearly marked "For British Serviceman Use Only" they were also marked "Small"
--
DP
 
T

Tony W

Guest
"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Anyone hear this week's News Quiz? I thought it was the best for years.
> >
> >Glad you enjoyed the ride, even if it was truncated.
>
> Didn't I shall have to listen to it via the Net.
>
> Oh! Forgot - first time out on my new saddle - Terry's Liberator Tite complete with fart hole.

Is Tite the equivalent of trim???????

:)
 
T

Tony W

Guest
"Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>
> Yes it was a good'un especially the part where "I'm Charlotte Green"
broke
> down in a fit of giggles trying to read a newspaper cutting

The wonders of live recording!!! Brilliant.

Worrying that 'cyclist' and 'Radio 4 listerner' seem congruent.

T
 
T

Tony W

Guest
"David Pipes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Churchill agreed provided: they were clearly marked "For British Serviceman Use Only" they were
> also marked "Small"

British propaganda always did have the benefit of subtlety and wit :)

T
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Tony W <[email protected]> writes
>
>"Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>>
>> Yes it was a good'un especially the part where "I'm Charlotte Green"
>broke
>> down in a fit of giggles trying to read a newspaper cutting
>
>The wonders of live recording!!! Brilliant.
>
>Worrying that 'cyclist' and 'Radio 4 listerner' seem congruent.
>
Have you located Radio 7 on your pc yet?
--
The Big Baguette
 
T

Tony Raven

Guest
The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Have you located Radio 7 on your pc yet?

Pity BBC insists on Real Audio streaming that doesn't allow you to download a file for later
listening plus R7 doesn't yet provide for time shifted listening in the same way as R4. Have to go
through the faff of streaming realtime while capturing into mp3 for later listening.

Tony
--

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.
 
T

The Big Baguett

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you located Radio 7 on your pc yet?
>
>Pity BBC insists on Real Audio streaming that doesn't allow you to download a file for later
>listening plus R7 doesn't yet provide for time shifted listening in the same way as R4. Have to go
>through the faff of streaming realtime while capturing into mp3 for later listening.
>
That's the big drawback, agreed -- yesterday I listened to a bunch of Radio 3 and 4, _none_ of it at
the actual broadcast time. I expect they'll get there on 7 eventually.
--
The Big Baguette
 
Status
Not open for further replies.