Gotta date with a surgeon (song)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by M. Schwartz, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Gotta Date With A Surgeon"

    by

    M. Schwartz

    Just had me some juicy fat steaks
    Boy you should have seen that their plate
    There were strips of bacon on the side
    And a bundle of oily french fries

    Gotta date with a surgeon
    Gonna get some new ar-ter-ies
    Gotta date with a surgeon
    Gonna get a new kind of me

    Desert was so deliciously great
    Even though I had a long wait
    The buttered muffin was tasty and fun
    Now I feel ready for the frankfurter on a bun

    Gotta date with a surgeon
    Gonna get me some new ar-ter-ies
    Gotta date with a surgeon
    Gonna get a new kind of me

    Tags:

  2. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    LOL

    BOb

    "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dr Atkins?
    >Derek.
    >"M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> "Gotta Date With A Surgeon"
    >>
    >> by
    >>
    >> M. Schwartz
    >>
    >> Just had me some juicy fat steaks
    >> Boy you should have seen that their plate
    >> There were strips of bacon on the side
    >> And a bundle of oily french fries
    >>
    >> Gotta date with a surgeon
    >> Gonna get some new ar-ter-ies
    >> Gotta date with a surgeon
    >> Gonna get a new kind of me
    >>
    >> Desert was so deliciously great
    >> Even though I had a long wait
    >> The buttered muffin was tasty and fun
    >> Now I feel ready for the frankfurter on a bun
    >>
    >> Gotta date with a surgeon
    >> Gonna get me some new ar-ter-ies
    >> Gotta date with a surgeon
    >> Gonna get a new kind of me

  3. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dr Atkins?
    > Derek.

    Atkins is beyond the help of a surgeon. :)

    Mel

    > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "Gotta Date With A Surgeon"
    > >
    > > by
    > >
    > > M. Schwartz
    > >
    > > Just had me some juicy fat steaks
    > > Boy you should have seen that their plate
    > > There were strips of bacon on the side
    > > And a bundle of oily french fries
    > >
    > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > Gonna get some new ar-ter-ies
    > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > Gonna get a new kind of me
    > >
    > > Desert was so deliciously great
    > > Even though I had a long wait
    > > The buttered muffin was tasty and fun
    > > Now I feel ready for the frankfurter on a bun
    > >
    > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > Gonna get me some new ar-ter-ies
    > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > Gonna get a new kind of me

  4. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    They did a TV series in UK following people on various diets. Atkins was the
    most successful and a Dr was one of the Atkins participants.
    Derek.
    "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Dr Atkins?
    > > Derek.

    > Atkins is beyond the help of a surgeon. :)
    >
    > Mel
    >
    > > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > "Gotta Date With A Surgeon"
    > > >
    > > > by
    > > >
    > > > M. Schwartz
    > > >
    > > > Just had me some juicy fat steaks
    > > > Boy you should have seen that their plate
    > > > There were strips of bacon on the side
    > > > And a bundle of oily french fries
    > > >
    > > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > > Gonna get some new ar-ter-ies
    > > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > > Gonna get a new kind of me
    > > >
    > > > Desert was so deliciously great
    > > > Even though I had a long wait
    > > > The buttered muffin was tasty and fun
    > > > Now I feel ready for the frankfurter on a bun
    > > >
    > > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > > Gonna get me some new ar-ter-ies
    > > > Gotta date with a surgeon
    > > > Gonna get a new kind of me

  5. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    Yes, I know that the Atkins diet has been very successful to people
    wanting to lose weight. The question is what are the long term effects
    of his diet?

    Only time will tell, perhaps too late for some.

    Mel

    > They did a TV series in UK following people on various diets. Atkins was the
    > most successful and a Dr was one of the Atkins participants.
    > Derek.
    > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Dr Atkins?
    > > > Derek.

    > > Atkins is beyond the help of a surgeon. :)
    > >
    > > Mel
    > >
    > > > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

  6. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    "Bigjon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Derek F declared:
    >
    > > They did a TV series in UK following people on various diets. Atkins was

    the
    > > most successful and a Dr was one of the Atkins participants.
    > > Derek.
    > > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >>
    > >> Atkins is beyond the help of a surgeon. :)
    > >>
    > >> Mel

    > I'm afraid the BBC disagrees with you :
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2955817.stm
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1586574.stm
    > --
    > You can't have it all -
    > Where would you put it ?

    They don't disagree they are only reporting news. In their diet series
    earlier this year it was the most sucessful one.
    Derek.

  7. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote:

    >The question remains what will be the long term effect of being on the Atkins diet?
    >
    >Mel

    And that is one thing the Atkins people never seem to want to talk
    about.

    Bob

  8. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    just an aside...

    you may want to look into the "south beach diet" written by a Miami
    cardiologist...

    similar to,,but different than Adtkins

    which I feel can/could be less than healthy due to the ketosis..plus I have a
    hard time getting my head around a plan that says you can eat
    bacon..unlimited..

    my sister who does cardiac rehab says the South Beach is their preferred
    suggestion..first two weeks can be tough (no fruits)..but after that it is very
    healthy..

    I just bought the book..haven't opened it yet..found it at Costco for $14

    hawki

    hawki

  9. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

    >[email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> The question remains what will be the long term effect of being on the Atkins diet?
    >>
    >> Mel

    >Correct.
    >
    >See:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/kbho

    I know several Doctors and have a relative that is a Doctor. I also
    have seen a slew of Doctors in the last couple of months . I have yet
    to find one that thinks that the Atkins diet is a sensible diet. They
    all think it is the latest Fad-Hype and will soon disappear along with
    the Watermelon Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Yada Yada Yada. I believe it was
    Atkins own people that did the research last year that got this diet
    on the front page again, but it still was never addressed as to the
    long term effects.

    To find out how many Calories that a food contains, they burn the
    food . All one has to do to lose weight is put less fuel in your
    mouth, than your body is going to burn for the day, and you will lose
    weight. Plain and simple. It's not Rocket Science.

    Bob

  10. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > > The question remains what will be the long term effect of being on the Atkins diet?
    > >
    > > Mel

    > Correct.
    >
    > See:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/kbho

    My diet is mainly carbohydrates. I eat lots of complex carbohydrates
    like whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits. Most of the fat in
    my diet comes from olive oil and nuts. I do eat fresh wild salmon
    twice a week and sardines packed in water without added salt once a
    week. I am 5'7 3/4" tall without shoes and weigh 131 before breakfast.
    I do not eat any refined (simple) carbohydates.

    Eating a high carb diet is not a weight problem for me.

    Mel

  11. Bigjon wrote:

    > Derek F declared:
    >
    > > They did a TV series in UK following people on various diets. Atkins was the
    > > most successful and a Dr was one of the Atkins participants.
    > > Derek.
    > > "M. Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> "Derek F" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >>
    > >> Atkins is beyond the help of a surgeon. :)
    > >>
    > >> Mel

    > I'm afraid the BBC disagrees with you :
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2955817.stm
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1586574.stm

    Thank you for the links, Bigjon (hopefully getting smaller? :)

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  12. Bob Cardone wrote:

    > [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:
    >
    > >[email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >> The question remains what will be the long term effect of being on the Atkins diet?
    > >>
    > >> Mel

    > >Correct.
    > >
    > >See:
    > >
    > >http://tinyurl.com/kbho

    > I know several Doctors and have a relative that is a Doctor. I also
    > have seen a slew of Doctors in the last couple of months . I have yet
    > to find one that thinks that the Atkins diet is a sensible diet. They
    > all think it is the latest Fad-Hype and will soon disappear along with
    > the Watermelon Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Yada Yada Yada. I believe it was
    > Atkins own people that did the research last year that got this diet
    > on the front page again, but it still was never addressed as to the
    > long term effects.

    Correct.

    > To find out how many Calories that a food contains, they burn the
    > food . All one has to do to lose weight is put less fuel in your
    > mouth, than your body is going to burn for the day, and you will lose
    > weight. Plain and simple. It's not Rocket Science.
    >
    > Bob

    It really is not.

    --

  13. "M. Schwartz" wrote:

    > [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > > The question remains what will be the long term effect of being on the Atkins diet?
    > > >
    > > > Mel

    > > Correct.
    > >
    > > See:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/kbho

    > My diet is mainly carbohydrates. I eat lots of complex carbohydrates
    > like whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits. Most of the fat in
    > my diet comes from olive oil and nuts. I do eat fresh wild salmon
    > twice a week and sardines packed in water without added salt once a
    > week. I am 5'7 3/4" tall without shoes and weigh 131 before breakfast.
    > I do not eat any refined (simple) carbohydates.
    >
    > Eating a high carb diet is not a weight problem for me.
    >
    > Mel

    Sounds like you are doing the Pritikin diet.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  14. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "M. Schwartz" wrote:
    >
    > > [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote in message news:<5778b74[email protected]>...

    > > > Correct.
    > > >
    > > > See:
    > > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/kbho

    > > My diet is mainly carbohydrates. I eat lots of complex carbohydrates
    > > like whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits. Most of the fat in
    > > my diet comes from olive oil and nuts. I do eat fresh wild salmon
    > > twice a week and sardines packed in water without added salt once a
    > > week. I am 5'7 3/4" tall without shoes and weigh 131 before breakfast.
    > > I do not eat any refined (simple) carbohydates.
    > >
    > > Eating a high carb diet is not a weight problem for me.
    > >
    > > Mel

    > Sounds like you are doing the Pritikin diet.

    No, not to my knowledge since I don't know what constitutes a Pritikin
    diet. I would call it a Mediterrean diet with some Asian influence.

    I chose the way I eat not because I want to lose weight but to eat a
    healthy diet. My research has led me to believe a Mediterranean style
    diet along with some Asian influence is a healthy way to eat.

    Keeping my weight down is easy by just eating the right food and the
    right amount of food along with some exercise. I think lots of people
    have weight problems because they eat large portions, usually the
    wrong kind of food, and then sit around and watch television.

    Mel