Gotta hand it to Cambria Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Squid-In-Traini

So I placed an order on the 12th. I got a confirmation that the order was received right after, but
I didn't get any more emails or information. I just called them today, and notified the guy on the
phone that I would like to have the item by the end of next week because I would be leaving back for
school. He said he could upgrade the shipping to FedEx 3-day for $3 extra, and I thought about it
for a second, and then he said, "Wait. I noticed the date the order was placed. I'll go ahead and
upgrade the shipping to no extra charge."

Even though it was a small difference, it still makes a big difference in terms of my
opinion of them.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

I just ordered some springs for my suspension and I got the order notice also. When the order was shipped they sent me a tracking # right away. I'll have to say that their costomer service is as good as their prices. -------------Dave

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:HFx%[email protected]...
> So I placed an order on the 12th. I got a confirmation that the order was received right after,
> but I didn't get any more emails or information. I just called them today, and notified the guy on
> the phone that I would
> to have the item by the end of next week because I would be leaving back
for
> school. He said he could upgrade the shipping to FedEx 3-day for $3
extra,
> and I thought about it for a second, and then he said, "Wait. I noticed
the
> date the order was placed. I'll go ahead and upgrade the shipping to no extra charge."
>
> Even though it was a small difference, it still makes a big difference in terms of my opinion
> of them.
>
I won an Easton EA70 stem from them on ebay for $35, plus $10 shipping, so that was not too bad. A
few days had passed before I heard from them, and recieve an order confirmation, and tracking
number. Two days later, my stem was in Louisiana, in my hands. What they lack in order processing,
they seem to make up in customer service.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:49:27 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Even though it was a small difference, it still makes a big difference in terms of my
>opinion of them.

Even though 4 days later they hadn't even shipped the package? <G>

To me, that's lame for a mail-order house.

Barry

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:49:27 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Even though it was a small difference, it still makes a big difference in terms of my opinion
> >of them.
>
> Even though 4 days later they hadn't even shipped the package? <G>
>
> To me, that's lame for a mail-order house.

The recognition that they made a mistake was the important part. To me, they could have said, "We'll
have it out ASAP ok bye" but they didn't.

Now, if only that applied to my traffic ticket. The cop didn't write the statute down, so I can't
pay for it until someone contacts him and finds out what it is.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:HFx%[email protected]...
> So I placed an order on the 12th. I got a confirmation that the order was received right after,
> but I didn't get any more emails or information. I just called them today, and notified the guy on
> the phone that I would
for
extra,
the
> date the order was placed. I'll go ahead and upgrade the shipping to no extra charge."
>

After my most recent Cambria order (3 weeks ago) the automatic "order confirmation" email came as
usual. After a week I had not received the "Item shipped" email and my credit card had not been
billed, so I sent an email to customer service. 4 days later, I still had no response from them. My
credit card was billed 8 days after the order.

One day, unannounced, FedEx showed up with the parts...I think it was 12 days after order. I still
had not received the "item shipped" notification, or an answer from customer service.

45 minutes after FedEx came, a message from customer service came informing me my package had
shipped, but offered no other information. 6 hours after that, my "item shipped" email came
complete with tracking number, which was nice. I really needed FedEx's website to tell me I already
had my stuff.

And, for what it's worth, both items I ordered (Avid SD Mag levers and LX shifters) were gray market
items...that doesn't really bother me, but I know it rubs some folks wrong. The shifters were in a
plain plastic bag with no paperwork, and the brake levers had minimal instructions labeled "OEM Not
for Resale."

Cambria can occasionally have great prices (I love my $24.99 Tomac jersey) but I know when I order,
after four experiences, to not expect my package for about 2 weeks.

Chris No, Sorni, I didn't say "inspect my package" or any other innuendo-laced thing...

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%8z%[email protected]...
> Cambria can occasionally have great prices (I love my $24.99 Tomac jersey) but I know when I
> order, after four experiences, to not expect my package for about 2 weeks.
>
> Chris No, Sorni, I didn't say "inspect my package" or any other innuendo-laced thing...

A guy's just sitting here, fried after a log hard ride in 100+ degree weather, and he gets
MORE abuse?!?

Bill "prefers NOT to contemplate your package, Chris, TYVM" S.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:45:43 -0700, Sorni wrote:

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%8z%[email protected]...

>> Chris No, Sorni, I didn't say "inspect my package" or any other innuendo-laced thing...
>
> A guy's just sitting here, fried after a log hard ride in 100+ degree
^^^^^^^^
> weather, and he gets MORE abuse?!?
>
> Bill "prefers NOT to contemplate your package, Chris, TYVM" S.

With typos like that, Bill, of course we've come to expect double-entendres from you. :D

gabrielle

> the phone that I would
for
extra,
the
>
> Even though it was a small difference, it still makes a big difference in terms of my opinion
> of them.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

Cambria is good people!
--
Slacker - still my favorite mail order shop

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:45:43 -0700, Sorni wrote:
>
> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:%8z%[email protected]...
>
> >> Chris No, Sorni, I didn't say "inspect my package" or any other innuendo-laced thing...
> >
> > A guy's just sitting here, fried after a log hard ride in 100+ degree
> ^^^^^^^^

> With typos like that, Bill, of course we've come to expect double-entendres from you. :D

That's two posts today where your ^^^^^^^^'s didn't line up with what you were trying to point out,
but I'm too polite to mention it.

PPPPPpppppppppppppplllllllllllllll............

:)

Bill "so how do you denote a raspberry, anyway?" S.

PS: Actually, there WAS a log on today's ride, complete with hornets' nest!

> That's two posts today where your ^^^^^^^^'s didn't line up with what you were trying to point
> out, but I'm too polite to mention it.

I think it depends on what newsreader each person's using. OE uses a variable-width font by default,
while others may be using a fixed-width font on their computers.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Sorni wrote:

> That's two posts today where your ^^^^^^^^'s didn't line up with what you were trying to point
> out, but I'm too polite to mention it.

It's your 'newsreader' that's borked, not Gab's. Try using something other than OE and everything
will work properly.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sorni wrote:
>
> > That's two posts today where your ^^^^^^^^'s didn't line up with what
you
> > were trying to point out, but I'm too polite to mention it.
>
> It's your 'newsreader' that's borked, not Gab's. Try using something other than OE and everything
> will work properly.

But, but...then how could I strike back when she's points out my typos?!?

Bill "those ^^^^^^^^'s are all I got, I tells ya" S.

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:fmM%[email protected]...
> "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sorni wrote:
> >
> > > That's two posts today where your ^^^^^^^^'s didn't line up with what
> you
> > > were trying to point out, but I'm too polite to mention it.
> >
> > It's your 'newsreader' that's borked, not Gab's. Try using something other than OE and
> > everything will work properly.
>
> But, but...then how could I strike back when she's points out my typos?!?

Well, if you go to View|Text Size|Fixed, it will probably work for you then.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> So, as some of you might recall, I'm fairly new to mountain biking. Things have been pretty busy,
> so my only rides this month have been three loops around Betasso, a fairly moderate 3.5 mile loop
> that nevertheless kicks my butt =)

Boulder is the joke of mountain biking cities. Even though IMBA is headquartered there, the hikers
managed to kick mountain bikers off of almost everything.

> PS -- Is there any such thing anywhere as bike-only trails? I'm betting not ...

You bet wrong. It's bikes only if only bikers know about it.

JD

Ya from you its just up the road right Slacker.

Fire up MTB 03

Status
Not open for further replies.