Gotta love the NFL...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    The Raven's leading rusher (and 2nd highest seasonal rusher), Jamal
    Lewis, was indicted for drug distribution
    (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1744109).

    Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
    risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!

    Keep up the good work Tagliabue.

    Tags:

  2. On 26 Feb 2004 07:09:46 -0800, [email protected] (chris) wrote:

    >Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
    >risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!

    The charges relate to a period before 2002 - evidently concurrent with his entry into professional
    football. Not a trivial charge either, since it isn't use, but 'conspiring to possess, with intent
    to distribute'.

    Time will tell. One version made it sound like he was just doing it to help out a friend. Love to
    hear that defense presented.

    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On 26 Feb 2004 07:09:46 -0800, [email protected] (chris) wrote:
    >
    > >Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
    > >risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!
    >
    > The charges relate to a period before 2002 - evidently concurrent with his entry into professional
    > football. Not a trivial charge either, since it isn't use, but 'conspiring to possess, with intent
    > to distribute'.
    >
    > Time will tell. One version made it sound like he was just doing it to help out a friend. Love to
    > hear that defense presented.
    >
    > Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

    shoot holes in the prosecutors case of "we have him on tape"

    Dave

  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The Raven's leading rusher (and 2nd highest seasonal rusher), Jamal Lewis, was indicted for drug
    > distribution (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1744109).
    >
    > Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
    > risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!
    >
    > Keep up the good work Tagliabue.

    The incident with which Lewis is charged happened before he signed his contract. It seems pretty
    weak, he introduced someone to someone else. Based on the media reports, if that is all there is to
    the story, the it will get tossed fast. Maybe it is being used as leverage to get him to tell about
    other stuff that he might know.

    Since the incident in the indictment took place in 2000 and nothing was done until now, I do not see
    how he could have learned anything re: this from that incident (non-incident?) in 2000.