Gotta love the NFL...

Chris

Guest
The Raven's leading rusher (and 2nd highest seasonal rusher), Jamal
Lewis, was indicted for drug distribution
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1744109).

Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!

Keep up the good work Tagliabue.

On 26 Feb 2004 07:09:46 -0800, [email protected] (chris) wrote:

>Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
>risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!

The charges relate to a period before 2002 - evidently concurrent with his entry into professional
football. Not a trivial charge either, since it isn't use, but 'conspiring to possess, with intent
to distribute'.

Time will tell. One version made it sound like he was just doing it to help out a friend. Love to
hear that defense presented.

Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On 26 Feb 2004 07:09:46 -0800, [email protected] (chris) wrote:
>
> >Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
> >risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!
>
> The charges relate to a period before 2002 - evidently concurrent with his entry into professional
> football. Not a trivial charge either, since it isn't use, but 'conspiring to possess, with intent
> to distribute'.
>
> Time will tell. One version made it sound like he was just doing it to help out a friend. Love to
> hear that defense presented.
>
> Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

shoot holes in the prosecutors case of "we have him on tape"

Dave

"chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Raven's leading rusher (and 2nd highest seasonal rusher), Jamal Lewis, was indicted for drug
> distribution (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1744109).
>
> Apparently he didn't learn from his 4 game suspension in 2002. Hard to believe that anyone would
> risk selling drugs when they make millions and risk sitting out a game or two!
>
> Keep up the good work Tagliabue.

The incident with which Lewis is charged happened before he signed his contract. It seems pretty
weak, he introduced someone to someone else. Based on the media reports, if that is all there is to
the story, the it will get tossed fast. Maybe it is being used as leverage to get him to tell about
other stuff that he might know.

Since the incident in the indictment took place in 2000 and nothing was done until now, I do not see
how he could have learned anything re: this from that incident (non-incident?) in 2000.