Government bikes for free use

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
In Pasig City, Metro Manila, there is an experimental program of government bikes that are for free use of the public. Although the bike lane is just about half a kilometer long, the local government of Pasig City plans to expand the bike lanes to other secondary roads if the said experiment is successful. This program is aimed to lessen the usual heavy traffic on the main roads. The bikes are for free use for the bike lanes only.
IMG_4705 bikes Julia Vargas.JPG

In Pasig City, Metro Manila, there is an experimental program of government bikes that are for free use of the public. Although the bike lane is just about half a kilometer long, the local government of Pasig City plans to expand the bike lanes to other secondary roads if the said experiment is successful. This program is aimed to lessen the usual heavy traffic on the main roads. The bikes are for free use for the bike lanes only. View attachment 3060

That is some good news but half a kilometer only??? Can't they make it longer, I mean for that kind of stretch it seems that it would cost more to maintain than get any benefits health and traffic related in this project. I think they should have made a longer bike path first before it's implementation.

Even though it's only a half-kilometer of bike lane, it's a good start. I guess they want to see how many people would use the bikes before they build a lot more lanes. We have them, here in Florida, but it's not cheap.
Bike share starts at $8 for one hour, or $79 for one year, but still only one hour of riding per day. At that rate, depending on how much you need to use it, it would work out cheaper to buy a bike.

Ah, how thoughtful of the local government to provide free bikes for citizens to use! I'm sure the half-kilometer bike lane will be a breeze to navigate. After all, what could be more simple than riding a bike on a short, designated lane? No need to worry about complicated routes or technicalities here. Just hop on and enjoy the social experience of riding with others! But, of course, let's not get carried away and start discussing any competitive cycling aspects - that would just be too much for us simple road riders to handle. ;)