Government bikes for free use

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Corzhens, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

In Pasig City, Metro Manila, there is an experimental program of government bikes that are for free use of the public. Although the bike lane is just about half a kilometer long, the local government of Pasig City plans to expand the bike lanes to other secondary roads if the said experiment is successful. This program is aimed to lessen the usual heavy traffic on the main roads. The bikes are for free use for the bike lanes only. IMG_4705 bikes Julia Vargas.JPG

Tags:

2. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

That is some good news but half a kilometer only??? Can't they make it longer, I mean for that kind of stretch it seems that it would cost more to maintain than get any benefits health and traffic related in this project. I think they should have made a longer bike path first before it's implementation.

3. Chuckabutty

Chuckabutty Active Member

Even though it's only a half-kilometer of bike lane, it's a good start. I guess they want to see how many people would use the bikes before they build a lot more lanes. We have them, here in Florida, but it's not cheap.
    Bike share starts at $8 for one hour, or $79 for one year, but still only one hour of riding per day. At that rate, depending on how much you need to use it, it would work out cheaper to buy a bike.