GP Plouay - Ouest France?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Davide Tosi wrote:
    > Looking at the poor result of today (four frogs at the first four places) it seems that nowadays
    > this race is taken into consideration only by french riders. I wonder why does the UCI keeps on
    > giving it the status of 1.HC. This race should be declassed, it fakes the rankings giving too many
    > points to average riders like Flickinger or Geslin.

    Pooey on Plouay.

    Didn't bother to see what a well aged russian did on Saturday in RvN? Some age gracefully,
    others keep smacking the young ones around as if saying, "See? See how it's done? You just have
    to work at it!"

    Tags:

  2. "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Looking at the poor result of today (four frogs at the first four places) it seems that nowadays
    > this race is taken into consideration only by
    french
    > riders. I wonder why does the UCI keeps on giving it the status of 1.HC. This race should be
    > declassed, it fakes the rankings giving too many
    points
    > to average riders like Flickinger or Geslin.

    They should do that with the Giro too eh? It seems as if only Italian teams care about that race.

  3. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

  4. Richard Adams schreef:

    > Didn't bother to see what a well aged russian did on Saturday in RvN? Some age gracefully,
    > others keep smacking the young ones around as if saying, "See? See how it's done? You just have
    > to work at it!"

    The well placed TT-ers Ekimov, Gonchar, McGee proved to be strong in the Limburg hills too, joining
    the break at Boogerd's initiative.. The moment the real final begun, Ekimov was on his won, but he
    dealt with the Boogerd attacks properly. He might have thrown him the stage win though by letting
    him go in the last K.

    Now that Boogerd got caught Freire disappointed again.Can he only be top in October?

    Plouay well....when you see that Paris-Brussels is 1.2 nowadays, it's remarkable yes.

  5. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Looking at the poor result of today (four frogs at the first four places) it seems that nowadays
    >> this race is taken into consideration only by
    >french
    >> riders. I wonder why does the UCI keeps on giving it the status of 1.HC. This race should be
    >> declassed, it fakes the rankings giving too many
    >points
    >> to average riders like Flickinger or Geslin.
    >
    >They should do that with the Giro too eh? It seems as if only Italian teams care about that race.

    You may be surprised, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. If the present organizers do not manage
    to attract any more important foreign team to the Giro, due to weird courses, TV broadcasting
    problems, etc ..., UCI should better declass it and may be replace with some "Tour of North Europe"
    or anything similar, that will probably draw a much bigger interest.

  6. Trg

    Trg Guest

    OTOH, how can anyone take the Tour of Holland seriously when there are no French riders ;-)

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message news:
    [email protected]

  7. "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Looking at the poor result of today (four frogs at the first four
    places)
    > >> it seems that nowadays this race is taken into consideration only by
    > >french
    > >> riders. I wonder why does the UCI keeps on giving it the status of 1.HC. This race should be
    > >> declassed, it fakes the rankings giving too many
    > >points
    > >> to average riders like Flickinger or Geslin.
    > >
    > >They should do that with the Giro too eh? It seems as if only Italian
    teams
    > >care about that race.
    >
    > You may be surprised, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. If the present organizers do not manage
    > to attract any more important foreign team to the Giro, due to weird courses, TV broadcasting
    > problems, etc ..., UCI should better declass it and may be replace with some "Tour of North
    > Europe" or anything similar, that will probably draw a much bigger interest.

    Interesting.

    Thanks for your perspective, Tosi.