GPS-keep or not?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Judith, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:20:53 +0100, "AndyP"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >would the GPS be useful to take on
    >a walk?

    Yes. It will be useful for weighting your map down in high wind.

    Judith

    Tags:

  2. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her garage
    floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take on
    a walk?

  3. Stuart Mann

    Stuart Mann Guest

    "AndyP" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her
    > garage floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy
    > exercise band thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of
    > drawers and a broken radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the
    > stretchy exercise band thingy which could be put to no end of uses but
    > would the GPS be useful to take on a walk?

    No. It can't walk. You'd have to carry it!

  4. Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the wonderful person
    AndyP <[email protected]> said
    >My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her garage
    >floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    >thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    >radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    >which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take on
    >a walk?

    This is one of those cases where reading the NG before writing to it
    would be useful (see the 'GPS - purchase or not' thread).

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

  5. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:37:18 +0100, GSV Three Minds in a Can
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This is one of those cases where reading the NG before writing to it
    >would be useful

    Nah. That's only relevant if this *isn't* a troll.

  6. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    "GSV Three Minds in a Can" <[email protected]> wrote

    > This is one of those cases where reading the NG before writing to it
    > would be useful (see the 'GPS - purchase or not' thread).

    But it's not the same thing. Given the amount of alcohol or ice cream you
    could buy for the same price as a GPS actually purchasing one is obviously a
    non starter for anyone who can spell 'priorities' but this particular GPS is
    just sitting there waiting for someone to rescue it from it's ten year
    meaningless life as a paperweight/doorstop and take it off into the hills to
    love forever. It's just that I can't think what exactly to do with it.
    Besides, you can never have enough GPS threads.

  7. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    AndyP <[email protected]> wrote
    >My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her garage
    >floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    >thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    >radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    >which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take on
    >a walk?

    Can you post a .jpg of the wobbly chest, please?
    --
    Gordon

  8. saki

    saki Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:59:36 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > AndyP <[email protected]> wrote
    >>My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her
    >>garage floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy
    >>exercise band thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of
    >>drawers and a broken radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy
    >>exercise band thingy which could be put to no end of uses but would the
    >>GPS be useful to take on a walk?
    >>

    > Can you post a .jpg of the wobbly chest, please?

    Or of the bicycle helmet? (each to his own)

    saki

  9. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    "Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Can you post a .jpg of the wobbly chest, please?

    Alas no, I'm ashamed to admit to the newsgroup that I do not own a camera
    (cue gasps and sharp intakes of breath all round) but it's a very fine chest
    and the wobble undoubtedly enhances it IMHO.

  10. What happened to the map and compass, no batteries required.

    Rik

    "AndyP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her

    garage
    > floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    > thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    > radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    > which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take

    on
    > a walk?

  11. Paul Rooney

    Paul Rooney Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:59:36 +0100, Gordon <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >AndyP <[email protected]> wrote
    >>My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her garage
    >>floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    >>thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    >>radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    >>which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take on
    >>a walk?
    >>

    >Can you post a .jpg of the wobbly chest, please?

    And the drawers.

    --

    Paul

    (Watch this space)

  12. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Paul Rooney <[email protected]> wrote
    >On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:59:36 +0100, Gordon <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>AndyP <[email protected]> wrote
    >>>My girlfriend has a GPS currently sitting with a pile of junk on her garage
    >>>floor along with other stuff like a bicycle helmet, stretchy exercise band
    >>>thingy, various microwave utensils, a wobbly chest of drawers and a broken
    >>>radio. I'm obviously all for rescuing the stretchy exercise band thingy
    >>>which could be put to no end of uses but would the GPS be useful to take on
    >>>a walk?
    >>>

    >>Can you post a .jpg of the wobbly chest, please?

    >And the drawers.

    (Always assume a leer)
    --
    Gordon