GPS Software for displaying walking speed and hills

K

K.Smith

Hello:

I am interested in obtaining an inexpensive software for displaying tracks recorded on a GPS while
out on a walk. Has anyone tried this: set the GPS for track recording, then download the data to a
PC computer with one of the available software and display it. Specifically I am interested in
seeing speeds, distances travelled and topography. I have found one called 3DTracer but it is
somewhat pricey. Thanks for any information.

My husband has several types of software that do what you are asking for... I know some are
available as freeware but I'm not sure which ones. If you still haven't found anything, let me know
and I will find out what he uses for you...

I use a Garmin eTrex Legend when I walk and it works just great as a odometer which also gives me
average speed, max speed, time traveling etc... Which GPS are you using?

Rhonda.

"K.Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello:
>
> I am interested in obtaining an inexpensive software for displaying tracks recorded on a GPS while
> out on a walk. Has anyone tried this: set the GPS for track recording, then download the data to a
> PC computer with one of the available software and display it. Specifically I am interested in
> seeing speeds, distances travelled and topography. I have found one called 3DTracer but it is
> somewhat pricey. Thanks for any information.