GPS Software for displaying walking speed and hills

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by K.Smith, Sep 12, 2003.

1. K.Smith

K.Smith Guest

Hello:

I am interested in obtaining an inexpensive software for displaying tracks recorded on a GPS while
    out on a walk. Has anyone tried this: set the GPS for track recording, then download the data to a
    PC computer with one of the available software and display it. Specifically I am interested in
    seeing speeds, distances travelled and topography. I have found one called 3DTracer but it is
    somewhat pricey. Thanks for any information.

Tags:

2. My husband has several types of software that do what you are asking for... I know some are
    available as freeware but I'm not sure which ones. If you still haven't found anything, let me know
    and I will find out what he uses for you...

I use a Garmin eTrex Legend when I walk and it works just great as a odometer which also gives me
    average speed, max speed, time traveling etc... Which GPS are you using?

Rhonda.

"K.Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello:
    >
    > I am interested in obtaining an inexpensive software for displaying tracks recorded on a GPS while
    > out on a walk. Has anyone tried this: set the GPS for track recording, then download the data to a
    > PC computer with one of the available software and display it. Specifically I am interested in
    > seeing speeds, distances travelled and topography. I have found one called 3DTracer but it is
    > somewhat pricey. Thanks for any information.