Graffiti on snow banks in Tour of Italy

Evan Evans

Guest
Watching the Tour of Italy. I noticed some graffiti written
in the snow on one of the mountain stages. I was hoping
someone could tell me what it means. It is very similar to
the volkswagen logo with a "v" intertwined over a "w". I
have seen it before in old tour books in the days of Coppi.
Any ideas? Thanks, George. graphity

[email protected] (Evan Evans) writes:

> Watching the Tour of Italy. I noticed some graffiti
> written in the snow on one of the mountain stages. I was
> hoping someone could tell me what it means. It is very
> similar to the volkswagen logo with a "v" intertwined over
> a "w". I have seen it before in old tour books in the days
> of Coppi. Any ideas? Thanks, George. graphity

They are two V's, so it looks like a W. It means "Viva"

VV Coppi

VV El Bocia (Cunego - or at least I think I saw that during
one stage, and he's nothing if not a bocia:)

VV Gli Sposi (the newlyweds)

VV La F**A (you figure it out)

and so on...

--
David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/
Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/ Free Software:

"David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Evan Evans) writes:
>
> > Watching the Tour of Italy. I noticed some graffiti
> > written in the snow on one of the mountain stages. I was
> > hoping someone could tell me what it means. It is very
> > similar to the volkswagen logo with a "v" intertwined
> > over a "w". I have seen it before in old tour books in
> > the days of Coppi. Any ideas? Thanks, George. graphity
>
> They are two V's, so it looks like a W. It means "Viva"

And when done correctly requires a lot of Italian beer.

David N. Welton wrote:

> VV La F**A (you figure it out)

VV LAs **s

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (Evan Evans) writes:
> >
> > > Watching the Tour of Italy. I noticed some graffiti
> > > written in the snow on one of the mountain stages. I
> > > was hoping someone could tell me what it means. It is
> > > very similar to the volkswagen logo with a "v"
> > > intertwined over a "w". I have seen it before in old
> > > tour books in the days of Coppi. Any ideas? Thanks,
> > > George. graphity
> >
> > They are two V's, so it looks like a W. It means "Viva"
>
> And when done correctly requires a lot of Italian beer.

Better not be Moretti La Rossa, which a lot of will result
in some style problems.