Graham Watson editorial commentary

Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Still missing that extra edge that gave him 3rd-place overall in the 2002 Tour de France,
> > Raimondas Rumsas came 5th in the Milan time trial to take 6th-place overall..."
> >
> > Yeah, missing that "extra edge," indeed.

> You mean his mother-in-law has recovered from her illness?

Apparently not, LOL. I swear I posted that last night, before the news that he got popped appeared
on cyclingnews or Velonews. I should give up on this scientific research stuff and start picking
horses instead.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Picture and caption from the final Giro time trial:
> >
> > http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/photos/03giroSt21-005000
> >
> > "Still missing that extra edge that gave him 3rd-place overall in the 2002 Tour de France,
> > Raimondas Rumsas came 5th in the Milan time trial to take 6th-place overall..."
> >
> > Yeah, missing that "extra edge," indeed.
>
> You mean his mother-in-law has recovered from her illness?

Daily peloton reported that Rumsass failed a control test after stage 6 of the Giro I believe. So
no, his mother-in-law has not fully recovered yet. Of course it is consistent for him to have his
blood count rise during competition, contrary to everyone elses as we saw in the TDF 02. Maybe he
has a new girl to drive around europe for him?

Phillip