Grand Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bret Wade

JTN wrote:

> a buddy of mine was in there with you. he said it was not his cup of tea. he didn't like all the
> conversation. so he turned around and went back. I just laughed and told him that's part of road
> racing. coming from mountain bike racing he thinks if your not balls out for 4 hours of a 4 hour
> race then its not racing......

It does take that race a long time to get going but your friend would have got his money's worth in
the end. Usually, nobody does anything until after the turn around but this year there was a long
early breakaway. It probablly happened right after he bailed. There was a lot of friendly
conversation up until that point, but I can't see why that would offend anyone. Why didn't he just
attack himself if he thought it was too easy?

Bret

that's what I always tell him. if you think its too easy, then make it harder.....he mentioned he
attacked once and the group pulled him back and slowed again. he is actually a phenomenal climber
and does well in mtb racing but he cant seem to get or want to get the tactic thing down necessary
in road racing. he is one of those that if he would then watch out. I just get a laugh out of it. he
said he turned around at mile 27. must be just before the descent into gateway. anyway, good job.

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JTN wrote: It does take that race a long time to get going but your friend would have got his
> money's worth in the end. Usually, nobody does anything until after the turn around but this year
> there was a long early breakaway. It probablly happened right after he bailed. There was a lot of
> friendly conversation up until that point, but I can't see why that would offend anyone. Why
> didn't he just attack himself if he thought it was too easy?
>
> Bret

JTN wrote:
> that's what I always tell him. if you think its too easy, then make it harder.....he mentioned he
> attacked once and the group pulled him back and slowed again. he is actually a phenomenal climber
> and does well in mtb racing but he cant seem to get or want to get the tactic thing down
> necessary in road racing. he is one of those that if he would then watch out. I just get a laugh
> out of it. he said he turned around at mile 27. must be just before the descent into gateway.
> anyway, good job.

It sounds to me like the break was gone before he turned around. Maybe he was confused by how slowly
the chase formed. Only one strong team missed the break and they didn't get very organised. Is yor
friend's name Sean McCourt? Someone by that name posted to the ACA forum predicting their own
victory at GJ.

Bret

no. not him. we all decided to award him the golden tampon award for his performance though. you
will see it in the rocky mtn news next to the Armstrong award....

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> JTN wrote:
> > that's what I always tell him. if you think its too easy, then make it harder.....he mentioned
> > he attacked once and the group pulled him back
and
> > slowed again. he is actually a phenomenal climber and does well in mtb racing but he cant seem
> > to get or want to get the tactic thing down necessary in road racing. he is one of those that if
> > he would then watch out. I just get a laugh out of it. he said he turned around at mile 27.
must
> > be just before the descent into gateway. anyway, good job.
>
> It sounds to me like the break was gone before he turned around. Maybe he was confused by how
> slowly the chase formed. Only one strong team missed the break and they didn't get very organised.
> Is yor friend's name Sean McCourt? Someone by that name posted to the ACA forum predicting their
> own victory at GJ.
>
> Bret

Status
Not open for further replies.