grand tour tv coverage

e-doc

Oct 1, 2005
Haven't been around in awhile. Wheres tour (or any other) cycling coverage? Outdoor or Discovery channel?

e-doc said:
Haven't been around in awhile. Wheres tour (or any other) cycling coverage? Outdoor or Discovery channel?
OLN is VS. now. Try www.cycling.tv/ Only about 35 US for the year. Giro is an extra 24, but well worth it. You can watch archives too.

Careful. Last time I mentioned www.cycling.tv on here somebody reminded me that not everybody on these boards is American and that we bore them because Eurosport is allegedly so much better.

azdroptop said:
OLN is VS. now. Try www.cycling.tv/ Only about 35 US for the year. Giro is an extra 24, but well worth it. You can watch archives too.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Careful. Last time I mentioned www.cycling.tv on here somebody reminded me that not everybody on these boards is American and that we bore them because Eurosport is allegedly so much better.
That's ok, I'm used to people hating me because I'm American. LOL :)

Frigo's Luggage said:
Well, I just watch it on RAI. Good enough for me, and no need to hate anyone either...

azdroptop said:
What's RAI

I get a foreign channel that is sometimes RAI, sometimes Vietnamese, sometimes Indian, sometimes Pilipino. But when it's RAI, it's never bike racing... usually news or soccer... the news chicks are hot though, and the commercials are fun.

DiabloScott said:
But when it's RAI, it's never bike racing... usually news or soccer... the news chicks are hot though, and the commercials are fun.
You are probably getting the RAI USA feeds of the Serie A championship. That is where the huge viewer audience is, and since everyone shows the goals, you gotta up the stakes to get more audience share... :D

azdroptop said:
What's RAI
In Australia, RAI is the only TV option...it's a channel provided through paytv FOXTEL...broadcast is purely Italian, but many people just subscribe for the month of May for the Giro.

In Australia we get every stage of the Tour live on free to air :D ...the only English speaking country to do so (not sure if this is still the case, but it was last year).

No idea about Vuelta coverage, I usually resort to the web for the Spanish GT.