granny/chainstay clearance

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kbh, Apr 23, 2003.

  1. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    What is considered a minimum safe granny to chainstay clearance? My current setup has about 49mm
    chainline on the front, and about 5mm clearance between the granny and chainstay using a 115 UN-72
    BB and TA Alize crank. I am considering going to a 113 BB to bring the chainline a little closer to
    Shimano spec, and to increase (maybe just by one) the number of low gears I can use in the middle
    ring without having to trim.

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    Tags: