Grass track racing Help req

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by scouser-trackie, Nov 7, 2003.

1. scouser-trackie

scouser-trackie New Member

Can anyone help me. I'am intrested in doing some grass track racing in the uk. Does anyone have any advice on what type of tyres to use and what gearing is the best to use. As nobody does it my club does grass track any advice would be most welcome.

Tags:

2. 2LAP

2LAP New Member

Have you contacted BritishCycling they will have the rules and can put you in touch with coaches that can help you.

www.britishcycling.org.uk

3. drewjc

drewjc New Member

When u say grass track racing i assume u mean a track race around a cricket oval (or similar)??? My club used to run one of these meets once a yr and the bike to use was a track bike (assuming u have a choice) with a reasonably small gear....maybe an 81 or 79 (48x16/45x15 or 47x16/50x17) i used to love these sort of races.

It was normally ok to ride standard road tires, but these did tend to slip a little under acceleration, but something with a bit of a texture to it would be good. Vittoria's Rubino Pro is what comes to mind (i have them on my roadie ATM) but anything with that small bumpy pattern is good on grass (similar tread to what u will find on most singles). Hope that helps.