Grater prediction thread

Yeah - I was thinking that. But there are going to be some attacks. Providing Contador can get some seconds over Armstrong, they won't be too concerned about Sastre of all people making up half a minute or so.

Tonight!

1. Devolder
2. Ignatiev
3. Rolland

Look, a break will get away. I predict that Flecha, Moncoutie, Moreau, Devolder, Ignatiev, Rolland, Hincapie, Rogers, Perez, Geschke, Marchante, Pate, Moinard, Le Mevel, Lefevre all get in the break today among others.

See how I go.

Stage 12 - Breakaway

1. Stijn Devolder
2. Sylvain Chavanel
3. Heinrich Haussler

Bunch Sprint

1. Mark Cavendish
2. Tyler Farrar
3. Heinrich Haussler

with the way cavendish and the team are going right now, i doubt they let a break get away. they have no one for the gc. cav can make history in this tour.

That's true...but Cav did say yesterday only one more stage matters to him and that's Paris.

Yes, they will be nuts to not bring this to a bunch sprint tonight but they might be smart to leave it to the other teams to chase it and if it is a bunch sprint, then launch Cav.

Cav's got to save his legs now for the Alps. Columbia are in the lead in the green jersey and it's up to Thor Hushovd and his Cervelo team to chase down any breaks or any intermediate sprints.

If it's a bunch sprint tonight Cav wins but I don't see Columbia working tonight. Again, I'm probably wrong so we'll see.

Verbier

From a breakaway

1. Moncoutie
2. Uran
3. Cancellara

From the main contenders

1. Sastre
2. Schleck
3. Evans

TT

1. B Grabsch
2. A Contador
3. T Martin
4. C Evans
5. L Armstrong

Cancellara gets told to ride easy today for the Schleck's on Saturday.

Next tour on the prediction risk is the Tour de Pologne.

Overall classification

1. Sylvester Szmyd
2. Kantstansin Siutsou
3. Jacek Morajko
4. Ivan Basso
5. Michael Albasini
6. Daniel Martin
7. Tadej Valjavec
8. Artur Detko
9. Marzio Bruseghin
10. Inigo Landaluze

Stage 1

1. Andre Greipel
2. Allan Davis
3. Graeme Brown
4. Yauheni Hutarovich
5. Matthew Goss

Grater said:
Next tour on the prediction risk is the Tour de Pologne.

Why the French? I'm sure "lap of Poland" in Polish isn't Tour de Pologne.

Maybe you're like the fruitcup who has 94 BMX's and lots of carbon bikes (JTE?) and like to ride the "pologne pony" :p

haha

Well they are going the french name. I don't know why. Maybe it brings in viewers?

Anyway stage 4 tonight

1. Greipel
2. Davis
3. Furlan

It's time Greipel breaks through!

Grater said:
haha
Well they are going the french name. I don't know why. Maybe it brings in viewers?
There is a long history in common between France and Poland, especially since Stanislas Leszczynski who was Poland king and then Duc de Lorraine ! For many times lot of people learned french language as second language.

poulidor said:
There is a long history in common between France and Poland, especially since Stanislas Leszczynski who was Poland king and then Duc de Lorraine ! For many times lot of people learned french language as second language.

Henry 111 of France was elected King of Poland but did a midnight flit when the french job became open unexpectedly!

pretty impressive preliminary line-up for the vuelta. sure, many are showing their names and will withdraw before they cook their chances for the worlds, but still....

going with the green bullet for the top step, evans (yes, i'm certifiable.) to place, and s. sanchez for bronze.