Grater prediction thread

Grater said:
My final confirmed selections.

Will Cavendish last the distance? Yes Cavendish will last the distance. Will he win? Maybe. Will he make it over the Poggio? Yes.

1. Cavendish
2. Haussler
3. Bennati
4. Rojas
5. Pozzato

That top 3 is set. Can go anyway IMO, but I give the edge to the fastest man in the world over the man who is in excellent form taking the cycling world by storm this year and the local rider who is priming for this race and has had some good results.
write Ciolek off at your peril Grates.

He will get some good results this spring. Note it down.

thunder said:
write Ciolek off at your peril Grates.

He will get some good results this spring. Note it down.
We'll see. I rate him as a cyclist but he needs to prove it to me with some favourable results before I will look at him.

I have Ciolek coming 8th in my top 10.

Grater said:
If it isn't a sprint finish, then look for Gilbert, Rebellin and maybe Sanchez put in good performances. Nocentini and Napolitano are good outside chances.

With the quality of sprinters in this field, it's hard to believe it won't be a sprint finish so one of Bennati, Haussler, Cavendish, Petacchi and Boonen will win. Lorenzetto is a chance.
**** it you may as well pick the whole field! Get off the bloody fence grates.

This isnt the Melbourne Cup where you **** half a keg against the brick dunny wall cos close enough is good enough then try to slap a bit each way on every horse about 3 minutes before the start thinking your plan is foolproof!

Give one name only!

Geoff Vadar said:
**** it you may as well pick the whole field! Get off the bloody fence grates.

This isnt the Melbourne Cup where you **** half a keg against the brick dunny wall cos close enough is good enough then try to slap a bit each way on every horse about 3 minutes before the start thinking your plan is foolproof!

Give one name only!
I already have a few posts up. That was a preview I wrote on another forum listing who are the contenders for people who are willing to put money on it.

Cavendish from Haussler and Bennati.

Grater said:
I already have a few posts up. That was a preview I wrote on another forum listing who are the contenders for people who are willing to put money on it.

Cavendish from Haussler and Bennati.
Haussler, Davis, Ciolek.

Put your money up Grates

Grater said:
Mirco Lorenzetto
He is another Italian cyclist with some good form to date. Has 3 wins this year. Stage 1 and 2 of the Giro di Sardegna he won and he was first in the Giro del Friuli Has. I don't know much about this rider. His odds are justified but don't be surprised if he puts in a good performance on home soil.
Mirco Lorenzetto DNS

Grater said:
Only Haussler in that list does anything substantial. It's on like donkey kong.

Armstrong is talking up having a dip as well. I hope he gets it. Not for him but just so this forum will light up like Christmas tree.

"I am a racer, and if I had a chance to win, I would not pass it up"

Geoff Vadar said:
Scarily good.
Yep. Don't be surprised if Cav wins PR. He's shown the doubters. If he at his age in his first MSR can win this with the climbs they have and the distance, then he can make it over cobbles.

Geoff Vadar said:
Scarily good.

Fark. Just watched the race & Cav made up about 100 meters on Haussler in 10 meters ! it was a messy finish. Hincapie did a good job for Cav. Right there to the end. Still a **** rider thou.

I think Grater is on PEDs... Prediction Enhancing Drugs. We should ban him from the forum for two years.

When Cavendish was sitting at the back off the bunch with 3km to go I thought he was out of it, then suddenly he appears near the front being dragged forward by Hincapie. Then I was like, ok, he's got a chance. The Haussler gets a massive gap by opening up early and I think everyone else is racing for second but then bam, Cavendish flies across the gap and pips him on the line. Epic finish to an epic race.

Eldrack said:
I think Grater is on PEDs... Prediction Enhancing Drugs. We should ban him from the forum for two years.

When Cavendish was sitting at the back off the bunch with 3km to go I thought he was out of it, then suddenly he appears near the front being dragged forward by Hincapie. Then I was like, ok, he's got a chance. The Haussler gets a massive gap by opening up early and I think everyone else is racing for second but then bam, Cavendish flies across the gap and pips him on the line. Epic finish to an epic race.
I went Haussler, Davis, Ciolek, and I defended Cav's ability to make it to the finish.

Almost as good as Grates.

Plus, I take credit for starting this "Grater prediction thread". lol

Grater said:
Yep. Don't be surprised if Cav wins PR. He's shown the doubters. If he at his age in his first MSR can win this with the climbs they have and the distance, then he can make it over cobbles.
now you are just getting stupid Grates.

Cav can get teammates to do the work for him in San Remo. He cant get anyone to do the work for him on the cobbles. It will take him half a dozen years to develop that strength.

thunder said:
I went Haussler, Davis, Ciolek, and I defended Cav's ability to make it to the finish.

Almost as good as Grates.

Plus, I take credit for starting this "Grater prediction thread". lol
Take the credit!

Last year I was thinking that Ciolek would be Cav's main threat. Now I see Haussler is. He is turning into a world class sprinter.

Out of curiosity, why did you start this topic? It's paying dividends for you.

thunder said:
now you are just getting stupid Grates.

Cav can get teammates to do the work for him in San Remo. He cant get anyone to do the work for him on the cobbles. It will take him half a dozen years to develop that strength.
Yeah sorry, i got over excited there.

Hincapie or Gilbert for Paris Roubaix. Cancellara if he's back to full fitness. Haussler, like Cavendish is raw but it wouldn't surprise me if both do the impossible.

Bring on PR - Sitting with beer watching live coverage of a spring classic in Austalia on a Sunday night. Beautiful. Last year I was in Adelaide and the bastards had it on delay.

Grater said:
Yeah sorry, i got over excited there.

Hincapie or Gilbert for Paris Roubaix. Cancellara if he's back to full fitness. Haussler, like Cavendish is raw but it wouldn't surprise me if both do the impossible.

Bring on PR - Sitting with beer watching live coverage of a spring classic in Austalia on a Sunday night. Beautiful. Last year I was in Adelaide and the bastards had it on delay.
Grates, check Haussler in 2005.

He was 21 and three months. He finished 25th in Roubaix, and then 5 months later, 7th in Zurich.

Grater said:
Take the credit!

Last year I was thinking that Ciolek would be Cav's main threat. Now I see Haussler is. He is turning into a world class sprinter.

Out of curiosity, why did you start this topic? It's paying dividends for you.
Grates you have developed quite a secret following. Chapeu bas.