Grater prediction thread

Grater said:
1. Cavendish
2. Petacchi
3. Hunter
4. Farrar
5. Hinault
If these five finish in this order I'll start thinking you're fixing bike races.
You've started very well with today's predictions, now you have to keep this level, otherwise - we'll be disappointed.

Stage 4

1. Rodriguez
2. Rogers
3. Cunego
4. Garzelli
5. Di Luca

Toss up between Rodriquez and Rogers. Rogers has shown he has the legs so he finishes in the top 5 somewhere. Not sure where.

Changed my mind. I'm going with an out of the left field play.

This climb isn't that hard and it's pancake for the last 500m.

One rider who has an injury riddled year can climb. He can chrono and he can chrono away from the pack and win this if he stays with them. What more of a way to return to form than win a stage like this in the Giro?

1. Cancellara
2. Rogers
3. Cunego
4. Rodriguez
5. Di Luca

Grater said:
Changed my mind. I'm going with an out of the left field play.

This climb isn't that hard and it's pancake for the last 500m.

One rider who has an injury riddled year can climb. He can chrono and he can chrono away from the pack and win this if he stays with them. What more of a way to return to form than win a stage like this in the Giro?

1. Cancellara
2. Rogers
3. Cunego
4. Rodriguez
5. Di Luca
I think you're far from this one.

Sorry I missed Stage 5

Stage 6

1. M Cavendish
2. A Pettacchi
3. F Pozzato

I think there will be a small group of riders and if there is, some of the sprinters will be there. There are a massive 40km of flat from the last climb. Columbia will control the peloton.

Either that or one of these guys try an escape attempt?

Boasson-Hagen comes to mind if an escape goes away. So does Voeckler. Interesting stage but I think this will be like MSR.

If a break doesn't survive then depending on the pace this stage is run, it shouldn't be too big of a hassle for Cav and Pettacchi.

The first 4km of the descent is technical but after that it's a straight line basically.

1. Cavendish
2. Pettachi
3. Davis

Grater said:
If a break doesn't survive then depending on the pace this stage is run, it shouldn't be too big of a hassle for Cav and Pettacchi.

The first 4km of the descent is technical but after that it's a straight line basically.

1. Cavendish
2. Pettachi
3. Davis
Grates, dont think Lim is giving you enough respect. He should sticky this.

Grater said:

1. Cavendish
2. Pettachi
3. Davis
What a profile...
This is the stage for team work. If some team wants to do something here (for example to make advantage on some rider or to thin the pack just to make job easier), than they should step on the head of the pack, force furious pace and hope for the cross wind. Even without wind, climber packed teams could find themselves in trouble.

Andrija said:
What a profile...
This is the stage for team work. If some team wants to do something here (for example to make advantage on some rider or to thin the pack just to make job easier), than they should step on the head of the pack, force furious pace and hope for the cross wind. Even without wind, climber packed teams could find themselves in trouble.
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Andrija said:
What a profile...

Little chance for cross winds. This is not Belgium. They're racing through a narrow mountain valley.

Stage 8

1. Marco "hometown boy" Pinotti
2. David "throw my bike" Miller
3. Thomas "i love cameras" Voeckler

Grater said:
Stage 8

1. Marco "hometown boy" Pinotti
2. David "throw my bike" Miller
3. Thomas "i love cameras" Voeckler
Predicted by: "I'll be wrong again" Grater.:D ;)
You may be wright with Pinotti.

Andrija said:
Predicted by: "I'll be wrong again" Grater.:D ;)
You may be wright with Pinotti.
I will be right with Pinotti. Lampre are doing a **** load of work. Leaves it open for a Pinotti counter attack as Lampre won't be able to continue at this rate.