Grauniad and helmets again

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Clive George, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    Tags:

  2. Mike K Smith

    Mike K Smith Guest

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Mike K Smith wrote:
    > There's an interesting article by Matt Seaton about cobbles and
    > paris-Roubaix, too.
    >
    > http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/motoring/story/0,,1747181,00.html
    >
    > I'm just wondering when Roubaix was moved to Belgium, though.

    If he came to Dundee he'd see a lot more cobbles... Most of th estreets
    near the Uni are a thin veneer of patchy tarmac over cobbles, many of
    which date back at least a century.

    ...d

  4. POHB

    POHB Guest

    > There's an interesting article by Matt Seaton about cobbles

    They've just put some cobbled speed tables on the road behind the London Eye
    (which just happens to be a signed cycle route for both the LCN and national
    network). Horribly rattly to cycle over but you probably don't feel it in a
    motor. I wrote to the council to whinge.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, POHB
    ([email protected]) wrote:

    > They've just put some cobbled speed tables on the road behind the London Eye
    > (which just happens to be a signed cycle route for both the LCN and national
    > network). Horribly rattly to cycle over but you probably don't feel it in a
    > motor. I wrote to the council to whinge.

    The Nut Mines are surrounded on all sides by cobbles. Hateful things.

    Ha ha, you fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders!
    The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia"