Greasy hands

crazney

Nov 27, 2004
Hey folks.

Just finished cleaning my bike aftera a particularly dustry ride a few days ago, and of course my hands are now covered in black grease. As usual.

About a week ago I was at Peter Moore's in Abbotsford, and he had some hand cleaning cream that just took the grease right off, streight away. Amazing stuff.
Does anyone know what this is and where you can get it? (He had a large tub, I don't think I'd want that much. It was a pink slimy cream.).

Alternatively, what do you folks use when working on your bike? Anyone use gloves?

David

I know a lot of mechanics use petrol to clean grease of their hands. I believe kerosine may be a little softer on the hands though.

Most auto supplies sell this type of stuff - Auto One, Supa Cheap Autos, etc.

crazney said:
<snip>
Does anyone know what this is and where you can get it? (He had a large tub, I don't think I'd want that much. It was a pink slimy cream.).

Alternatively, what do you folks use when working on your bike? Anyone use gloves?

David

David
I sounds like Lightning hand cleaner, ie pink & slimy but cleans your hands really well. You can get it at some paint shops & industrial suppliers.