Great Article On Why Driving Is The Worst Way To Get To Work.

The article is pretty spot on. Thankfully, I live in a place that is really pedestrian friendly and I always feel better when I walk, take public transport, or cycle somewhere. Getting stuck in traffic is just the worst. You may not notice it, but it definitely gives you that low level stress that definitely accumulates over the years.

All BS written by a leftist person trying to put a scientific spin on their BS. Sure setting a car isn't exercising but so what? Most people don't exercise anyways! And besides the average commute is 20 miles one way, I doubt any of you here except maybe one would want to commute 20 miles to work and 20 miles back stretching your 9 hour work day to 12 or 13 hours. Add on top of that most of America lies in a cold belt which eliminates the possibility of riding 20 miles to work in the snow!! I'm lucky I'm only 4 miles from work, but what about those that commute 50 miles to work? Yeah, complete and utter nonsense from some leftist, I guess in the ideal world where everyone just drives no more than 5 miles and with beautiful year round 70 degree averages then it would make sense, but most Americans that simply isn't true.
What does promoting not driving to work have anything to do with being a "leftist." Anyone that has been stuck in traffic knows the stress it puts on your body. The author even links to actual scientific studies, but I guess that is all just "leftist" propaganda right? You guys have like political OCD where you see the entire world on the basis of liberal/left and conservative/right. Who knew promoting walking, using mass transit, and not spending hours in traffic as being a political statement. And of course for some people, cars are the only option to commute, but there are definitely a ton of people who do have the option to walk, bike, or use mass transit to work.

The article is pretty spot on. Thankfully, I live in a place that is really pedestrian friendly and I always feel better when I walk, take public transport, or cycle somewhere. Getting stuck in traffic is just the worst. You may not notice it, but it definitely gives you that low level stress that definitely accumulates over the years.

Spot on? Sure if you ignore the condescending tone towards motorists and the complete bias of the whole article. I tend to agree with some of the points made, but when they are made in such an elitist manner it shuts people off. Froze does have some good counter points whether you want to see them or not.

I agree that riding or walking is the best way to get to work. But it also depends on how far or close to work you live. Some people can only cycle or walk a certain distance before getting tired. Plus no one wants to get to work all sweaty.
I agree with you. It depends upon the distance. When you the distance is large, you are left with no choice.

I agree with you. It depends upon the distance. When you the distance is large, you are left with no choice.
It isn't just distance, it is also weather, local climate, local terrain, available routes, and a myriad of other things that can make riding less than optimal. Also, the state of public transit in this nation varies wildly with location. Often, under current infrastructure and circumstances, driving is the best way to get to work.

It's a good article. But I'd love to see the widespread production and adoption of single-seater motor vehicles. I know they've build some prototypes in Japan and other Far East countries but whether these will ever catch on remains to be seen. I see so many folks driving in massive cars on their way to work, and since there's only one person sitting in these it's such an utter waste. A single seat motor vehicle would be the more efficient option for these folks.

It's a good article. But I'd love to see the widespread production and adoption of single-seater motor vehicles. I know they've build some prototypes in Japan and other Far East countries but whether these will ever catch on remains to be seen. I see so many folks driving in massive cars on their way to work, and since there's only one person sitting in these it's such an utter waste. A single seat motor vehicle would be the more efficient option for these folks.
Other than being a safety nightmare that does more to encourage pollution in the long run, sure.

I'm coming to realize that community-owned self driving electric are probably the coming solution to this problem.