Great Burke Street

derailled

Nov 1, 2009
I bought a bike recently from a woman with the same name as the first.
She had a credit union bank account and we dont have it where I live so I got another bank account number from her that she claimed to be her partners. However there was no name with it, so I resorted to use the Credit Union one. It turned out to be Westpac that handled them. I haven't heard back from her yet if she got the money.
Before this; she gave her address as a number in Great Burke Street, a suburb and Hamilton in the North Island of New Zealand.When I searched 'google maps nz' I could not locate any Burke or Great Burke street. I tried Bourke Street etc. Slowly it began to dawn upon me I had been had, had .. for the two dollars I paid for the bike. Then I tried searching the suburb Ohaupo and it came up outside of Hamilton and nearly every street or road is called Great .....something. Great Collins etc. Because it seems it is adjacent to the Great South Highway or something.
Anyway you can imagine my relief when I saw 'Great Burke Street' after all.
Great to know one isn't a GREAT BURKE after all these years isn't it? ( :
Imagine turning up to school on the first day if your parents lived there?
'
cleardot.gif
Teko Teko

to me
show details Oct 29 (5 days ago)

Thank you for wining my auction my Address is: 10 Great Burke St,Ohaupo (Hamilton). Payment must be made before pick up. Name of account: Teko Teko, Bank: First Credit Union, A/Number: 03-1754-0349772-00. Injoy the ride. Please add ref/n on payment.

Cheers

hi there,

I entered Ohaupo, Hamilton into google maps and came up with a suburb south of Hamilton, if you then zoom in, you'll find Great Burke St between Great South Rd and Sandes St

ohaupo, - Google Maps

hope that this at least sheds some light!

Steve

derailled said:
I bought a bike recently from a woman with the same name as the first.
She had a credit union bank account and we dont have it where I live so I got another bank account number from her that she claimed to be her partners. However there was no name with it, so I resorted to use the Credit Union one. It turned out to be Westpac that handled them. I haven't heard back from her yet if she got the money.
Before this; she gave her address as a number in Great Burke Street, a suburb and Hamilton in the North Island of New Zealand.When I searched 'google maps nz' I could not locate any Burke or Great Burke street. I tried Bourke Street etc. Slowly it began to dawn upon me I had been had, had .. for the two dollars I paid for the bike. Then I tried searching the suburb Ohaupo and it came up outside of Hamilton and nearly every street or road is called Great .....something. Great Collins etc. Because it seems it is adjacent to the Great South Highway or something.
Anyway you can imagine my relief when I saw 'Great Burke Street' after all.
Great to know one isn't a GREAT BURKE after all these years isn't it? ( :
Imagine turning up to school on the first day if your parents lived there?
'
cleardot.gif
Teko Teko

to me
show details Oct 29 (5 days ago)

Thank you for wining my auction my Address is: 10 Great Burke St,Ohaupo (Hamilton). Payment must be made before pick up. Name of account: Teko Teko, Bank: First Credit Union, A/Number: 03-1754-0349772-00. Injoy the ride. Please add ref/n on payment.

Cheers

Hey Mumbles thanks,
That is what I did do in the end.
However imputing in the street address, suburb and hamilton didn't bring anything. Then the Street and Hamilton and...nothing.
So I began to run the name over in my head .....Great Burke.....
Theer is also in my recollective past experiences of a place called Alexandra in Central Otago, New Zealand. There is a bogus Bridge street address locals give you [ out of towners] if you ask where the parties are in Alexandra.( :