Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Great Cycling Adventure Book

Started by GASBAGSMike · · Last activity · 1 post · 940 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
18 January 2007
Last activity
18 January 2007
Original author
GASBAGSMike
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
940
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well I would say that as I wrote it! ):-

    [font=Tahoma]I cycled on a 900 mile bike ride across France in August 2004 with 3 friends who live in Great Ayton & Stokesley. I wrote a book about the trip which I think would suit the humour of fellow cyclists. I now have a website that gives details of the book with extracts and photographs. There are also links to buy the book.

    Link...1bm.me.ukbooks[/font]

    [font=Tahoma]My own Cycling Club is GASBAGS, see..[/font][font=Tahoma].gasbags.org.ukgasbags.org.uk[/font]

    [font=Tahoma]I now have a link on the European Cycling Fedration website:[/font]

    [font=Tahoma]ecf.com2004 1[/font][font=Tahoma]
    [/font]

    [font=Georgia]Just Published...[/font]

    [font=Georgia]Four Fifty-Plus Fools Flit Fru France[/font]

    Four over-fifty year old men tour France, cycle over 900 miles from Biarritz to Caen, and pass through 16 towns twinned with British towns raising money for five charities

    [center][/center]

    [center][font=Verdana]Mike Newton[/font][/center]

    [center][/center]

    [center][font=Verdana]Four over-fifty year old cyclists fly into Biarritz, have a days rest to acclimatize then set off back to Teesside passing through sixteen towns twinned with British towns and arrive in Caen after eighteen days. The route included the Pyrenees, the Dordogne, the Loire Valley and Normandy. Money was raised for five charities. The reader of Four Fifty-Plus Fools Flit Fru France will find the book wonderfully entertaining and full of amusing and interesting digressions. The route was certainly challenging for old legs and their "biffons" were severely tested, with one cyclist suffering from "white penis syndrome". Letters and emails were sent out to all the twinned towns mayors in hopes that crowds would line the streets as they arrived. The reception from all the French people that they met on the way was outstanding. They were greeted by dancing in the main square in Biarritz and bunting on display in many towns that they passed through. The latter part of the ride passed through towns historically rich in Second World War stories.[/font][/center]

    [center][font=Verdana]A quote from a cyclist: The book is superb, very well written, so good in fact, I almost feel as though I am there with you guys. I feel quite envious, whilst some of the days sound as though they have been quite tough in cycling terms[/font][/center]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.