Great Divide Ride

TimC

Guest
Anyone doing it on 23 April?

I just worked out that getting a train to Keilor Plains ain't going to
work at 0600 Sunday morning.

Heck, my street directory is so old the Sydneham line isn't even drawn
in :)

If I were to leave from Chadstone, it would be about 40km (eyeballing
the central key map) to get to the start of the 180km ride by ~0600.
Don't think that is going to happen.

--
TimC
My other car is a cdr

TimC said:
Anyone doing it on 23 April?

I just worked out that getting a train to Keilor Plains ain't going to
work at 0600 Sunday morning.

Heck, my street directory is so old the Sydneham line isn't even drawn
in :)

If I were to leave from Chadstone, it would be about 40km (eyeballing
the central key map) to get to the start of the 180km ride by ~0600.
Don't think that is going to happen.

--
TimC
My other car is a cdr

This ride looks similar to the old Herald Sun tour stage, except that it started in Sunbury instead of Keilor. I could almost do this one as my inlaws live quite close to the start/finish...

Ritch

PS. Is there a connection between the thread about threadbare knicks and a ride called "Great Divide" ??? ugh!

ritcho said:
This ride looks similar to the old Herald Sun tour stage, except that it started in Sunbury instead of Keilor.

Correct...this also used to be used for the "tour of Midlands" & for the old "Vic amateur" RR. A good course without being too tough for most to get around. Challenging between Blackwood & Myrniong

cheers

Hitchy

On 2006-04-03, ritcho (aka Bruce)
> TimC Wrote:
>> If I were to leave from Chadstone, it would be about 40km (eyeballing
>> the central key map) to get to the start of the 180km ride by ~0600.
>> Don't think that is going to happen.

> This ride looks similar to the old Herald Sun tour stage, except that
> it started in Sunbury instead of Keilor. I could almost do this one as
> my inlaws live quite close to the start/finish...
>
> Ritch
>
> PS. Is there a connection between the thread about threadbare knicks
> and a ride called "Great Divide" ??? ugh!

I'll make sure I have new knicks by then :)

--
TimC
I am not afraid of heights, nor am I scared of falling. Height and

TimC wrote:
My other car is a cdr

Tim, do you speak with a Lisp?

TimC wrote:
My other car is a cdr

Tim, do you speak with a Lisp?

On 2006-04-03, Patrick Keogh (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
> My other car is a cdr
>
> Tim, do you speak with a Lisp?

Yes, yes I do.

--
TimC
Yesterday, after years of trying, I finally managed to take a photo of a

On 2006-04-03, ritcho (aka Bruce)
> TimC Wrote:
>> Anyone doing it on 23 April?

> This ride looks similar to the old Herald Sun tour stage, except that
> it started in Sunbury instead of Keilor. I could almost do this one as
> my inlaws live quite close to the start/finish...

Ritcho, would you mind getting in touch with me?

Pity cyclingforums doesn't apparently propogate emails between usenet
and its user interface:

From: TimC <[email protected]>

Remove the spam to make it become accepted here :)

--
TimC
Shift to the Left;

On 2006-04-03, ritcho (aka Bruce)

From: TimC <[email protected]>

Remove the spam to make it become accepted here :)

--
TimC
Shift to the Left;
Shift to the Right
Pop up; Push down
Byte! Byte! Byte!!! --unknown

ok - a little later this morning... I have a technical problem with my home email at the moment and have to call support (I didn't go to IT school).

Ritch

TimC said:
Anyone doing it on 23 April?

I just worked out that getting a train to Keilor Plains ain't going to
work at 0600 Sunday morning.

Heck, my street directory is so old the Sydneham line isn't even drawn
in :)

If I were to leave from Chadstone, it would be about 40km (eyeballing
the central key map) to get to the start of the 180km ride by ~0600.
Don't think that is going to happen.

--
TimC
My other car is a cdr
Tim, a couple of us are doing the 80km (was going to be the longer option, but have been spending too much time at work and back and forth looking after my old mum to have the kms in the legs I suspect). Will be leaving from Kensington and there's room in the back of the car for another bike. Let me know if that helps.

ali

alison_b said:
Tim, a couple of us are doing the 80km (was going to be the longer option, but have been spending too much time at work and back and forth looking after my old mum to have the kms in the legs I suspect). Will be leaving from Kensington and there's room in the back of the car for another bike. Let me know if that helps.

ali

I was, now it looks like I'm piking. But the lovely Bikesoiler probably will still be participating. Think we're were already planning for one passenger. Ask 'Soiler nicely for more details.

TimC said:
Anyone doing it on 23 April?

I just worked out that getting a train to Keilor Plains ain't going to
work at 0600 Sunday morning.

Heck, my street directory is so old the Sydneham line isn't even drawn
in :)

If I were to leave from Chadstone, it would be about 40km (eyeballing
the central key map) to get to the start of the 180km ride by ~0600.
Don't think that is going to happen.

--
TimC
My other car is a cdr
I'm doing (well, attempting, anyway) the 180. I am currently planning on staying out that side of town the previous evening but, should that not come off, I'll be driving from Mornington. If that's the case, I have room for one other.

Mal

Me & a mate are rocking up for the 180kms.
Although I might feel that last 60kms, but the 80km option leaves me (us) stranded in Trentham.
Besides I hear the bit after Trentham is supposed to be a pearla.

On 2006-04-13, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> alison_b Wrote:
>> Tim, a couple of us are doing the 80km (was going to be the longer
>> option, but have been spending too much time at work and back and forth
>> looking after my old mum to have the kms in the legs I suspect). Will
>> be leaving from Kensington and there's room in the back of the car for
>> another bike. Let me know if that helps.
>>
>> ali

> I was, now it looks like I'm piking. But the lovely Bikesoiler probably
> will still be participating. Think we're were already planning for one
> passenger. Ask 'Soiler nicely for more details.

Wow, seems my recent post to this thread only just made the whole
thread visible to cyclingforums readers!

Can any of you, alison_b, bikesoiler, MalP, Marx SS, Ritcho, that are
either driving, or thinking about staying locally, able to put me up
for the night?

If so, then I better sign up then, eh? :)

I can help cook some pasta the night before :)

--
TimC

On 2006-04-13, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> alison_b Wrote:
>> Tim, a couple of us are doing the 80km (was going to be the longer
>> option, but have been spending too much time at work and back and forth
>> looking after my old mum to have the kms in the legs I suspect). Will
>> be leaving from Kensington and there's room in the back of the car for
>> another bike. Let me know if that helps.
>>
>> ali

> I was, now it looks like I'm piking. But the lovely Bikesoiler probably
> will still be participating. Think we're were already planning for one
> passenger. Ask 'Soiler nicely for more details.

Wow, seems my recent post to this thread only just made the whole
thread visible to cyclingforums readers!

Can any of you, alison_b, bikesoiler, MalP, Marx SS, Ritcho, that are
either driving, or thinking about staying locally, able to put me up
for the night?

If so, then I better sign up then, eh? :)

I can help cook some pasta the night before :)

--
TimC

I'll be riding to the start from Ascot Vale... I'll check with the Home Secretary for approval.

Ritch