Great doping forum link

TiMan

Sep 29, 2003
Hey bro's I have a great link for ya.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

go to the endurance board

Guru's at the board are several including a guy named Chocolate(epo and roids/testosterone) and Miggy(testosterone and roids).

If you are going to dope then educate yourselves and be safe.

Peace

TiMan

Gotten a few nasty e-mails about this post......

I would like to say that I posted it for the good of the riders on this forum that do or will take drugs. The forum is first and foremost concerned about safety.

Personally I did not like taking dope an don't recommend it, unless you are pretty darn sure that you have the genetics, youth and the time needed to make make a decent living off our sport.

TiMan

TiMan said:
. . . unless you are pretty darn sure that you have the genetics, youth and the time needed to make make a decent living off our sport.

TiMan

Unless?? Gee, that's quite a bold anti-doping stance you're taking there.

Bro.

kennf said:
Unless?? Gee, that's quite a bold anti-doping stance you're taking there.

Bro.

Yes it is....these drugs aren't cheap and they do have some risk. What's the point in taking them if you don't have the genetics and time to become a top Cat 1 rider and aspiring pro?
Now if you have the genetics.....and you'll know if you do very quickly....and you have the time to train a ton with few other responsibilities in life, and have youth on your side AND you would like to become a pro then that's a different story. In fact then it sooner or latter becomes pretty much "a given".

TiMan said:
Yes it is....these drugs aren't cheap and they do have some risk. What's the point in taking them if you don't have the genetics and time to become a top Cat 1 rider and aspiring pro?
Now if you have the genetics.....and you'll know if you do very quickly....and you have the time to train a ton with few other responsibilities in life, and have youth on your side AND you would like to become a pro then that's a different story. In fact then it sooner or latter becomes pretty much "a given".

I'm fairly certain you completely misunderstood my point.

thanks a lot for that link mate. It really is enlightening stuff, and I'd recommend everyone to have a look at the posts of the said members on there.

i thought this just about says it all about a lot of cycling veterans. we only ever heard about hinault/merckx/indurain. guys who won the tour. then of course, there's people who were nearly there, but never did quite make it (From that link):

I have a number of contacts in the pro scene - both in the media and actual cyclists.

You're well aware that EPO was PED of choice in the early 1990's in the pro scene.
EPO was very prominently used in Italy.
Pantani's case is well known.
Less well known is the case of Gianni Bugno.
You may have heard of him - twice world champion,
TDF runnerup to Indurain - podium placed TDF cyclist
and Giro winner.

Bugno used EPO extensively during his career.
So much so that since retiring, Gianni has had a few scares.
Too much EPO usage can turn your blood to treacle
which - as you well know - can be fatal.
My media colleague is a good friend of Gianni's and he tells me that Bugno has been rushed to hospital several times with suspected heartattacks/strokes.
Gianni has been forced to wear a contraption which measures his blood pressure and other vital signs, when he goes to bed at night.
If the vital signs start to stray in to dangerous territory, Gianni is automatically awoken by a loud clarion call, and has to take orally an antidote to make sure that his BP and other vital signs return to normal.

Bugno has told my friend that this will be the case for the rest of his days - and that he is required to go for a full ECT scan every three months to monitor his circulation and his general well being.
All because of repeated EPO usage.

Gianni admitted to my friend that he would now trade all those fleeting moments of glory to have his health back.
He also suffers from crippling depression and said that
once the fanfare died away - that he alone is left to pick up the pieces.
Gianni has never settled down with a woman (even though he's a good looking fellow with plenty of female admirers) because he is not prepared to have children given what he has ingested over the years

Wow.......interesting and very sad story.......and still there are people who don't believe these stories and think that cycling is very natural.......beats me!

Dead Star said:
thanks a lot for that link mate. It really is enlightening stuff, and I'd recommend everyone to have a look at the posts of the said members on there.

i thought this just about says it all about a lot of cycling veterans. we only ever heard about hinault/merckx/indurain. guys who won the tour. then of course, there's people who were nearly there, but never did quite make it (From that link):

I have a number of contacts in the pro scene - both in the media and actual cyclists.

You're well aware that EPO was PED of choice in the early 1990's in the pro scene.
and Giro winner.

My media colleague is a good friend of Gianni's and he tells me that Bugno has been rushed to hospital several times with suspected heartattacks/strokes.
Gianni has been forced to wear a contraption which measures his blood pressure and other vital signs, when he goes to bed at night.
If the vital signs start to stray in to dangerous territory, Gianni is automatically awoken by a loud clarion call, and has to take orally an antidote to make sure that his BP and other vital signs return to normal.

Bugno has told my friend that this will be the case for the rest of his days - and that he is required to go for a full ECT scan every three months to monitor his circulation and his general well being.

Gianni admitted to my friend that he would now trade all those fleeting moments of glory to have his health back.
Gianni has never settled down with a woman (even though he's a good looking fellow with plenty of female admirers) because he is not prepared to have children given what he has ingested over the years

kennf said:
I'm fairly certain you completely misunderstood my point.

Oh....I get it.....your kind of a "wise guy" eh. You don't think my original statement was really much of a stance against drug use eh. Well it wasn't a "George Bush" kind of comment that's for sure he he he.

Put it another way..........I want to be sure that the young people have access to condoms and the clinic gives them out for free.

OR.....maybe we should just close down all the clinics and not offer free birth control and then maybe they won't have sex.

TiMan :rolleyes:

TiMan said:

I would like to say that I posted it for the good of the riders on this forum that do or will take drugs. The forum is first and foremost concerned about safety.

Personally I did not like taking dope an don't recommend it, unless you are pretty darn sure that you have the genetics, youth and the time needed to make make a decent living off our sport.

TiMan

doping is cool

Dead Star said:

and Giro winner.

Yes, I have heard more or the same thing that you have posted here, Dead.

Before discussing this - I want to say I always that Bugno was a very classy looking rider on the bike. His style was immaculate. I well recall him competing
in the TDF and some of the Northern Classics and his style never waivered in either.
Comparing his style to Indurain (and he was close to toppling BigMig in several
T'DF), there was only ever going to be one winner in the style stakes (and I am an Indurain fan).

But getting on to your posts, there was a prospect quite recently where Gianni was going to tell all.
Not because he was trying to score points but to provide a warning to others
who may be contemplating the taking of PED's.
For whatever reason, Gianni decided not to "go public" - which is understandable but it is a pity.
I think Gianni's story would be another cautionary tale for anyone contemplating the doping route.

I always like Bugno. He seemed like a pretty decent bloke and one hell of a rider.

The other point about having kids - you do see a lot of pro's deciding not to have kids. Understandable given the level of abuse that some of their bodies must have sustained through doping.

TiMan said:

TiMan
Racing is all about fun, right? What is the point in taking drugs to enhance your performance? When you do win a race on drugs where is the satisfaction? I just don't see how it can be truely great if you don't do it on your own.

Satisfaction in knowing that your contract-price may increase to $500,000 per year next season because of a good performance this season. Isn't it obvious??
Glory, fame...the list goes on.

Borg said:
Satisfaction in knowing that your contract-price may increase to $500,000 per year next season because of a good performance this season. Isn't it obvious??
Glory, fame...the list goes on.
I can't disagree with $$$ but won't ever do drugs. Are there any honest non-doping cyclists out there making money? I once asked about it on the forum but was told it was all basically fun. People actually sign contracts in the same manner football & baseball players do or is it more like the cyclists get paid for promoting products? My daughter recently told me when I go out racing to make sure I come back with some cash.

TiMan said:

Guru's at the board are several including a guy named Chocolate(epo and roids/testosterone) and Miggy(testosterone and roids).

Peace

TiMan
thank you for link

TiMan said:

Peace

TiMan

Thank's bro lots of good info there, just what i was looking for. dunno why people here get so ****** at ones who do dope, like it's hurting there performance.

Dead Star said:

I read were Bugno is married to a Spanish lady he met racing and is a father of two boys.

See this link:

http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/oralhistory/Bugno.html

If Gianni came out at the right time in Italy it could change plenty in cycling. He's still the man in Italy since people still remember him. Plus he likely knows whats going on and has the ability to keep those in check.

If Gianni wanted to change things he could but the depression thing could be stopping him. Basically he'd be admitting he was a fraud (but than again so was ever other doper at the time) and thats not good for anyone personal well being.

We can only
limerickman said:
But getting on to your posts, there was a prospect quite recently where Gianni was going to tell all.
Not because he was trying to score points but to provide a warning to others
who may be contemplating the taking of PED's.
For whatever reason, Gianni decided not to "go public" - which is understandable but it is a pity.
I think Gianni's story would be another cautionary tale for anyone contemplating the doping route.