Great Guns for Cycling!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jeepguy32, May 27, 2007.

1. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

Kel-Tec P-3AT

The Kel-Tec P-3AT in .380 Auto has been metioned on this thread more than once. Information on this product can be found at www.kel-tec-cnc.com. I may be mistaken, but I believe the P-3AT is the most slim .380 Auto made. Kel-Tec themselves claim that the "KEL-TEC P-3AT is the lightest .380 Auto pistol ever made." The P-3AT is available in three finishes: Blued, Parkerized, and Hard Chrome. The 6+1 capacity P-3AT currently has a MSR price of $324 - $382 and would make an excellent ultra-lightweight choice for cycling.

2. garage sale GT

garage sale GT New Member

I have already described the ideal solution in another thread. You must attach recoilless shotguns to your helmet. They could be actuated by a bite trigger.

I proposed a system in which the weapon would be released from the helmet at the instant of firing. Such a gun would be the essence of simplicity and could even be muzzleloading, because you have to retrieve and reattach the barrel in addition to reloading. Thus, a large number of barrels could be worn at once. The entire equipment could weigh less than 30lbs.

3. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

Stand Back! It's loaded and I know how to use it!

:)

4. Kelderek

Kelderek New Member

What you are basicly saying is that firearms related deaths are no problem as long as they do not exceed the number of deaths from other causes?

Every time guns are discussed, this kind of ridiculous reasoning comes up...
    What you forget is:
    Guns are made to kill. Water buckets are not. Neither are cigarette lighters or bicycles.
    If that difference is not obvious to everyone, there is help to get from people in shiny white coats. [​IMG]

5. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

What's the difference if both have death as the end result? And water buckets kill more chidren than firearms?

Ban water buckets. Ban them now! Do it "for the children"!

Firearms are made for more than just killing. I am a competetive target shooter in olympic style rifle and pistol discplines. I also hunt with firearms. I compete in service rifle competitions. I will not give up my right to defend myself due to whiney people too afraid to defend their own lives.

Guns are just another tool and they may be used to defend life and liberty if need be. If that results in the death of a criminal...oh well. Better him than me.

6. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

No further comment. Please see post 1, paragraph 2 of this thread. I hope you have a nice day!

“An armed society is a polite society.” - Robert A. Heinlein​

7. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

i must say hats off to you and promoting CC. i also hold a license but currently live in illinois where the 2nd amedment apperinetly doesn't mean anything. so i can't carry a loaded firearm the law here is i can carry one but the mag or ammo has to be in a differant container or "case" which really doesn't help me in a time of need. but maybe one of these days it's chicago that ruins it for the rest of the state. anyway my CC rig is a springfield armory XD40 sub compact i love this thing. shoots great very accurate when looking at how short this thing is. holds 9 with the standard mag 12 with ext. you could darn near put this thing in a pocket and nobody would notice. it really is suprising where you can put a pistol. i have done some experiments with some of my buddys just to see if people notice. i didn't tell them anything and then carried. the results suprised me for sure my shoulder rig they never knew, the inside the belt they never knew, and in a pair jeans one day i just thought you what the heck i'll just throw this sucker in my back pocket and see if anybody notices it.
    took something like 45 minutes. this was all done on private property just let anybody know and they did not mind.

anyway hats off to you jeep promote the good word become an NRA member protect your rights and become educated. And just because we carry guns does not make us wild rednecks trying to shoot someone. i consider this a service to the community to protect everyone. I would also say that i do have some shooting background as well as civilian training and military US marines. so do not assume

good day

8. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

thank you for your service to our country!

safe cycling to you.

9. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

Thanks for your kind words, izatt82. The results of your informal CC test are truly interesting. Thanks for sharing.

The XD line from Springfield Armory is really something. Certain models have amazing capacity, like 14 rounds of .45 ACP. Other compact models are available which might be more suitable for cyclists preferring a smaller frame. One unique aspect of the XD line is that each purchase comes with the XD Gear System which includes a belt holster, magazine loader, and a double magazine pouch. Their sub-compact comes with the XD "Mag X-Tension". Usually, these components must be purchased separately. Springfield seems to be banking on the "package" purchase, which I frankly like very much. I bet other consumers will too.

Here's the link to Springfield Armory:

I too, thank you for your military service!​

10. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

thank you for that

11. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Quoting John Lott...PRICELESS!

Lott claimed to have conducted a survey on Defensive Gun Use in 1997 in which he claimed that there were more than 2 million instances of DGU each year in the US and 98% of those DGUs involved brandishing a gun, not actually firing it, to deter a criminal.

When Lott was challenged on the figure and asked to produce the raw data that the results were allegedly based on, he claimed that his computer had crashed and he had lost all the data!

Bwaahahahahahahah...the dog ate his homework!

Despite widespread publicity, Lott has never been able to produce a single piece of paper evidence of the alleged survey, nor has he been able to produce even 1 of the "10 unpaid student volunteers" who he claims assisted him and despite claiming that he had surveyed more than 2000 people...only one person (a pro-gun activist) has ever come forward who took part in the alleged survey.

Despite this, Lott continues to use the "2 million DGUs each year" figure as though it was scientific fact, when it is not.

Lott has also admitted fabricating an online persona named "Mary Rosh" who praises his work, claimed to be a former student of his, and urged people to buy his books.

Fabricating an online persona. Joe...how desperate can you get? :D :D :D

12. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

Please see post 1, paragraph 2 of this thread. Have a nice day.

“An armed society is a polite society.” - Robert A. Heinlein​

P.S. I am not Joe West, although I admire his views and I have made posts on his "How many of you carry..." thread.​

13. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

yes i love the xd gear also for 550 to 650 depends on model it's really hard to beat all the extras you get and the case is nice. i'll use that case till it falls apart. but for deep concealment a snubby or keltec something in the 380 cal line is probally more suited. as far as having it ready with a jersy on and a belly hoster it would still be hard to conceal a xd i think. but some of those kel tecs are so small just so easy to hide. and some people might say what are gonna do with 380. well if it gets me out of there or the situation it did it's job. you don't need a elephant gun just incase thats my view on it. i like 40 cal for all around ammo. i use hydrashocks personal preferance. but there are other very good loads on the market. but i have nothing against 38 or 380 or 9mm. its a personal choice and what ever you can hide and shoot best. you dont always need the 45. alot of people make fun of my little xd till they shoot it some said it kicks harder that there full size 45 auto. it's light too. so like i said not every one will be happy with my gun. training and more training is key. i have been shooting for alot of my life and when i go back to the range and it has been a while, im rusty and i dont like that. and always remeber practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice make perfect. just shooting isn't enough you need a good range shoot at moving targets get put under presure feel unconfortable. if you do not like this traing then don't carry just my 2 cents. this training presure is only a taste of the real thing. you don't train for it now you'll shoot a bystandard and that is unexeceptable. go get real defensive shooting training it will save your life.

14. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

:D :D :D You could start your education by learning to spell. Education isn't a real high priority in your neck of the backwoods, is it?
    Dumb redneck. :D

15. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

oh i get it the english are too good once again. and since i don't know your real location since craggy island is fictional, i can only guess. I sure am glad that on the internet everyone can be anyone. Well you have your opinion and it's yours not mine. It's to bad the we beat you way back when and thats why i am allowed to CARRY A DAMN GUN IF I WANT TOO. It's too bad that if the british govt ever takes over it's own people it will be the brits that will be calling the US, help us just like the french.

and once we help you you will say piss on you you stupid rednecks. I am not a redneck rather a leatherneck. Go drink your damn tea. Well i guess spelling to us must be like oral hygine is to the brits.

16. kyperman

kyperman New Member

S&W 9mm

17. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

http://www.whocollab.od.mah.se/countriesalphab.html
    Global Oral Health - CAPP
    (1) British children have better oral health than American children, who have similar oral health to...Ethiopian children.

(2) War of 1812.

(3) "hygiene", not "hygine"

(4) I don't drink tea.

(5) I'm not British.

18. thepeddler

thepeddler New Member

Since it's being discussed?, vigorously debated?, how many of you guys who carry guns when cycling, or for that matter when not cycling, have had to use or produce them to protect yourselves?

Obviously I am not counting if you have gone to war.

19. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

i have not had to use mine in the civilian world and hope i never have too. Hopefully i can always use my mind and tact to work my way out. and thank god your not british and if you are american i'm glad i could defend your right to say such things. and you should be too.

20. jeepguy32

jeepguy32 New Member

Once.