Great Hoaxes

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by John, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

  2. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

  3. Cbi

    Cbi Guest

    Mark Probert-March 8, 2004 wrote:
    > "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> In article
    <wF%[email protected]>,
    >> Mark Probert-March 8, 2004 <Mark
    [email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "john" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]...
    >>>

    >>> A really great hoax:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.whale.to/
    >>
    >> No, no, no -- it's a humor site.
    >
    > Being a hoax and humorous is not mutually inconsistent.

    It is a joke but it is not funny.

  4. John

    John Guest

  5. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

  6. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (john) wrote:
    > > updated, don't miss it!!
    > >
    > > http://www.whale.to/b/hoax.html
    >
    > You know, a slightly larger font would be helpful as,
    > strains the eyes to read it. And arial or verdana could be
    > clearer than tnr.

    Probably, but after youread it, what is going to sdtop your
    from thinking that this guy is a moron? Just to let youknow,
    the site has been cited at least twice as the internets most
    notorious source of bullcrap.

  7. John

    John Guest

    > [email protected] (john) wrote:
    > > updated, don't miss it!!
    > >
    > > http://www.whale.to/b/hoax.html
    >
    > You know, a slightly larger font would be helpful as,
    > strains the eyes to read it. And arial or verdana could be
    > clearer than tnr.

    You can have the vaccine one in Ariel
    http://www.whale.to/b/hoax1.html

    It is just much easier collecting and collating in tnr as I
    find the text sizes 10, 12 useful also 14. I could do with a
    bigger screen as well

    john

  8. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

    > > You know, a slightly larger font would be helpful as,
    > > strains the eyes to read it. And arial or verdana could
    > > be clearer than tnr.
    >

    > You can have the vaccine one in Ariel
    > http://www.whale.to/b/hoax1.html

    It's a lot easier to read. Thanks.

    > It is just much easier collecting and collating in tnr as
    > I find the text sizes 10, 12 useful also 14. I could do
    > with a bigger screen as well

    Getting that amount of text and links onto one small screen
    would be challenging.

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB