Great offer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony W, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    The weekly propaganda from Safeway has just fallen through my door.

    Star Buy -- only £59.99 -- 26" wheel mountain bike

    Gents/ladies mountain bike 26" wheel Assorted colours Models may vary -> Chimano Gears -> Oversized
    toting -> Alloy rim wheels -> Vee type brakes

    Can anyone recommend Chimano gears? What is oversized toting?

    Looks a 'bargain'

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tony W <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend Chimano gears? What is oversized toting?

    C-himano gears are a hybrid mix of Campag and Shimano bits which is why you can never get them to
    change gear properly across the range. Oversized toting refers to the bikes ability to tote
    overweight riders achieved by building the frame from welded scaffold poles

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > C-himano gears are a hybrid mix of Campag and Shimano bits which is why
    you
    > can never get them to change gear properly across the range.

    Or between any two gears!!

    > Oversized toting refers to the bikes ability to tote overweight riders achieved by building the
    > frame from welded scaffold poles

    Damn -- I thought it might be that the bikes were so magnificent that any totty on the club run
    suddenly find the rider of such a machine amazingly attractive and immediately demand to have
    his children.

    I was a bit worried that the 'oversized' refered to the totty -- not to the bike.

    :eek:

  4. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    > Tony W <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend Chimano gears? What is oversized toting?
    > >

    > C-himano gears are a hybrid mix of Campag and Shimano bits which is why
    you
    > can never get them to change gear properly across the range. Oversized toting refers to the bikes
    > ability to tote overweight riders achieved by building the frame from welded scaffold poles
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > --
    > http://www.raven-family.com
    >
    > "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    > their job."
    >
    > Samuel Goldwyn

    Do they do one with Campamano gears too?

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest