Great qualifying ride for Paris-Brest-Paris 2003

Mampara

May 2, 2002
To all of you that would like to qualify to ride the Paris-Brest-Paris in August 2003 or just want to have a LONG ride to see if you can do it, here's one for you.<br /><br />Cresta Wheelers CC is organising a 200km ride, NOT A RACE, on the 1st of December. It will start at Alan van Heerden's in Blackheath and wind it's way to Pretoria West, over Hartebeespoort dam back to Magaliesberg and then back to Blackheath. The ride will not be marshalled and there will not be any waterpoints along the route. There will be stopping point where you can have something to drinks or have lunch, everything at your expence.<br /><br />There will be cut-off times at all the point along the rout and the final cut-off is at 19:30 that evening. Once completed the ride at the the Blue Goose on Beyers Naude, you will receive a commemorative engraved beer glass filled with your favourite lager.<br /><br />Like I said, it's not a race and average speeds of between 15 - 30km/h is expected. Everybody will ride in groups so that nobody has to finish alone.<br /><br />If you are interested, just send me your detailes and I'll send you names and numbers of the race organisers.<br /><br />I think it will be a great ride to end the year.

Sounds good to me, <br />How much will it be, how do we enter/register?<br /><br />

Sorry, forgot to mention the costs. It is R40 for entries before 25 November (R20 for Cresta members) and R50 for entries on the morning. I must also mention that the start is 06:00.<br /><br />You can have a look in the back of the Ride magazine for contact details of the club or I can send it to you. Just let me know.

Anyone thinking of doing this? It could be a fun thing. I mean we don't have to actually DO the Paris-Brest-Paris part of it! ;D ;D ;D