Great ride Lancaster!

oely

New Member
Jun 4, 2004
Takes the Giro Prologue! Hopefully Panaria will now lead out Brett and try to defend the Pink in tomorrows sprint. He has probably set himself up for a Pro Tour contract also.

Had Trent Wilson bringing up the rear in 197th place, just to round things out nicely for the Aussies.

OK. announcement time! for the duration of the giro DONT name the @#!%ING WINNER in the thread name!!! Use the word 'Spoiler' (no, not the adventurous one :rolleyes: ) instead, thanks!

And what a cool prologue. never heard of one run basically like a kilo!
never thawt I'd see petacchi or McEwen in the top several of a prologue :D

AND just how many Ozzies are there in this race? 12. wooot.

1 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.20.958 (51.75 km/h)
6 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
8 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
17 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
27 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
86 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
116 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Rabobank
138 Henk Vogels (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
178 Matthew Wilson (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
179 Russel Van Hout (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia
195 Nick Gates (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
197 Trent Wilson (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia 0.17

pardon my ignorance, but never heard of Russel Van Hout before?
well, his name means 'from the wood/s' so he must be ridin a mtb :D

flyingdutch said:
[...]

sorry, wont do it again. Pardon my ignorance but is there Giro coverage in Australia now?

Van Hout can TT well thats about all. In a real TT that is, not this 1k sprint.

oely said:
sorry, wont do it again. Pardon my ignorance but is there Giro coverage in Australia now?

Van Hout can TT well thats about all. In a real TT that is, not this 1k sprint.

no probs. got a right bollocking th first time i did it! :D

which town/state is he from?

shows just how strong those sprinter types are to sustain it not just oover the last 2-300m but a whole 1150m!

could be kinda cool seeing the guys winning the early flat/sprint stages actually wearing the leader's jersey for a change .always looks a little wierd seein robbie and alajet winning yet not wearing it :rolleyes:

gonna be a cool race with Cunego n Simeoni and the smokeys like Discovery's hope, Tom Danielson with good backing having a go. Is Cadel in or are they aving him for the TdF?

What:
About 2 hours live coverage every night in Italian plus another hour wrapup
with the 'Giro chat-show'.
Where:
Foxtel : upgrade to RAI for 1 month for about 15$ (NB: weekend football
usually knocks cycling off primetime)

Here is Monday's schedule (ora locale is usually Perth time :
http://www.international.rai.it/tv/palinsesti/tvsud/20050509.shtml

..........................or 2 minutes every night on SBS .

Steve
www.idealcycles.com

"oely" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> flyingdutch Wrote:
>> OK. announcement time! for the duration of the giro DONT name the
>> @#!%ING WINNER in the thread name!!! Use the word 'Spoiler' (no, not
>> the adventurous one :rolleyes: ) instead, thanks!
>>
>> And what a cool prologue. never heard of one run basically like a
>> kilo!
>> never thawt I'd see petacchi or McEwen in the top several of a prologue
>> :D
>>
>> AND just how many Ozzies are there in this race? 12. wooot.
>>
>> 1 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.20.958 (51.75
>> km/h)
>> 6 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>> 8 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>> 17 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>> 27 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>> 86 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>> 116 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Rabobank
>> 138 Henk Vogels (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>> 178 Matthew Wilson (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>> 179 Russel Van Hout (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia
>> 195 Nick Gates (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>> 197 Trent Wilson (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia 0.17
>>
>> pardon my ignorance, but never heard of Russel Van Hout before?
>> well, his name means 'from the wood/s' so he must be ridin a mtb :D

> sorry, wont do it again. Pardon my ignorance but is there Giro coverage
> in Australia now?
>
> Van Hout can TT well thats about all. In a real TT that is, not this 1k
> sprint.
>

> --
> oely

On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:15:58 +1000, flyingdutch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>OK. announcement time! for the duration of the giro DONT name the
>@#!%ING WINNER in the thread name!!! Use the word 'Spoiler' (no, not
>the adventurous one :rolleyes: ) instead, thanks!
>
>And what a cool prologue. never heard of one run basically like a
>kilo!
>never thawt I'd see petacchi or McEwen in the top several of a prologue
>:D
>
>AND just how many Ozzies are there in this race? 12. wooot.
>
>1 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.20.958 (51.75
>km/h)
>6 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>8 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>17 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>27 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>86 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>116 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Rabobank
>138 Henk Vogels (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>178 Matthew Wilson (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>179 Russel Van Hout (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia
>195 Nick Gates (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>197 Trent Wilson (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia 0.17

The interesting question here is "where is Graham Brown?"

Isn't the Giro his main event? He had good form at Langakawi
or wherever it's called in Malaysia? Is he injured (again)? I
can't recall the URL for his website and my googling fingers
are too cold to type today!

Carl Brewer <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:15:58 +1000, flyingdutch
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>OK. announcement time! for the duration of the giro DONT name the
>>@#!%ING WINNER in the thread name!!! Use the word 'Spoiler' (no, not
>>the adventurous one :rolleyes: ) instead, thanks!
>>
>>And what a cool prologue. never heard of one run basically like a
>>kilo!
>>never thawt I'd see petacchi or McEwen in the top several of a
>>prologue
>>:D
>>
>>AND just how many Ozzies are there in this race? 12. wooot.
>>
>>1 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.20.958 (51.75
>>km/h)
>>6 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>>8 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>>17 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>>27 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>>86 Matthew White (Aus) Cofidis-Le Credit Par Telephone
>>116 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Rabobank
>>138 Henk Vogels (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>>178 Matthew Wilson (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>>179 Russel Van Hout (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia
>>195 Nick Gates (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto
>>197 Trent Wilson (Aus) Selle Italia-Colombia 0.17

> The interesting question here is "where is Graham Brown?"
>
> Isn't the Giro his main event? He had good form at Langakawi
> or wherever it's called in Malaysia? Is he injured (again)? I
> can't recall the URL for his website and my googling fingers
> are too cold to type today!

The important thing is...Now that O'Grady has finished with it can I
have his Wilier?

I might have to replace the 14t cog with something sensible (like a 27t
if I'm going to use it with 53t cranks). Of course I'm not interested
if he went with the 54t.

How much must it have cost for a one off like that? I was hoping that
he might place a little higher.

Cheers

BrettM