Great to be talking triathlon again...

Fasttriguy

Guest
Don't look now, but I think that ecce and all of his/hers/it's various incarnations are gone. It's
great to be talking triathlon again.

Is anyone else having a hard time focusing on training while the war is going on? Whether you're for
it or against it, it seems to occupy considerable space in my mind right now.

-Chip

Definitely having difficulty......triathlon seems so damned narcissistic now

"fasttriguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don't look now, but I think that ecce and all of his/hers/it's various incarnations are gone. It's
> great to be talking triathlon again.
>
> Is anyone else having a hard time focusing on training while the war is going on? Whether you're
> for it or against it, it seems to occupy considerable space in my mind right now.
>
> -Chip

Narcissistic? Why? Are you suggesting that running, riding and swimming somehow makes any one more
self centered than anyone else? I raced in a 10k the Saturday after 9/11. We had a moment of
silence, and acknowledged the atrocity that happened on that day. While racing, it was never out of
my mind (or probably anyone elses).

I'll be racing at Camp Pendleton next weekend at Ralphs. And we'll all cheer like hell every time
we see any armed forces out there.....regardless of personal feelings about whether we should be
there or not.

"Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<t2Ofa.27685$S%[email protected]>...

Definitely having difficulty......triathlon seems so damned narcissistic now

as they (whom ever "they" are) say in Yiddish: Don't open your mouth to the devil.

Tom

"fasttriguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don't look now, but I think that ecce and all of his/hers/it's various incarnations are gone. It's
> great to be talking triathlon again.
>
> Is anyone else having a hard time focusing on training while the war is going on? Whether you're
> for it or against it, it seems to occupy considerable space in my mind right now.
>
> -Chip

My son,

Oh, but you can open your mouth for me since I am a man of the cloth.

Fr. Guido

"Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> as they (whom ever "they" are) say in Yiddish: Don't open your mouth to the devil.
>

> Tom

[email protected] (fasttriguy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Don't look now, but I think that ecce and all of his/hers/it's various incarnations are gone. It's
> great to be talking triathlon again.

Yeahr right........dumb ass!

> Is anyone else having a hard time focusing on training while the war is going on?

Nope, why the hell should it effect me ?

Whether you're for it or against it, it seems to occupy
> considerable space in my mind right now.

So fuc/*ng what ! Who cares ?

I've got over a dozen mates out in the desert - they're ALL professional soliders - and most of them
joined JUST to get the chance to go to war and kill foreign nationals and get a big medals pinned on
their chest. They'll be fine. I WISH TO GOD I wasn't such a yellow ******* because I would love to
be there alongside them - killing jonny foreigner and trying to win a medal.

> -Chip

Brother George,

Do you like sticking it out? I'll pin more than a medal on you. Come to the confessional and we'll
have a talk.

Fr. Guido

Mr. Davies:

This is an official warning. You are in GROSS VIOLATION of the official newsgroup code of conduct.

Please refrain from using profanity and vulgarity in this newsgroup. Others may find it offensive.
If you do it again, you will be banned in the same way we banished "ecce".

If you have any questions about the code of conduct for this forum, you may e-mail us at the valid
e-mail address above.

Humbly submitted by,

rec.sport.triaflon restoraisin commattee

news:<[email protected]>...