Great Victory of Chris Horner today at the Vuelta

gganio

Feb 5, 2007
Anybody has watched it?
I am sure that anybody 41 years and older was supporting him.
I watch it here http://www.rtve.es/deportes/ciclismo/vuelta-espana/
A time trial is coming up this Wednesday.

Yup. Horner had a great ride. It'd be nice to see him hold on, but there's a lot of racing left.

in the back of my mind i don't buy it, the guys might be using a 3rd. generation epo, but if it was clean, congratulations for him,

My admiration for Horner's stage ride is tempered by the fact that his win put the kibosh on our own Nicholas Roche.

even so, lim, roche's move has been beneficial for him. i doubt he'd have worn the red before his move to saxo.

limerickman said:
My admiration for Horner's stage ride is tempered by the fact that his win put the kibosh on our own Nicholas Roche.
I gotta admit that while Horner's win was great, I'm a bigger fan of Roche.

Quote: Originally Posted by vspa .

in the back of my mind i don't buy it, the guys might be using a 3rd. generation epo,
but if it was clean, congratulations for him,

I don't remember Horner being mentioned in the USADA report. Perhaps he has a naturally high hematocrit and can now finally take advantage of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

It's also possible that Horner is a skilled, race smart rider.

Very true, he's got a great racing head. Both attacks have been decisive and well timed. I would like to see him win, gives us old guys hope
cool.png

Quote: Originally Posted by slovakguy .
even so, lim, roche's move has been beneficial for him. i doubt he'd have worn the red before his move to saxo.

Lets hope that what we're seeing is genuine

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

It's also possible that Horner is a skilled, race smart rider.
I think Horner is an excellent rider tbf

Nope. No dope in cycling. Standing up for 3+ clicks in a huge gear gets the win...er...

Roche rode a really good TT today, but Nibali crushed it. Spartacus is back on cam.

It is turning out that this Vuelta is awesome, like the one of last year!
Speeds and VAM are such that there is probably no doping or very little.
Roche is back in the battle.
There has been already a battle between Horner and Nibali 2 years ago at the Tirreno Adriatico. If I remember correctly Nibali won of a little due to the TT stages.

Horner is right:Horner: "Me gusta esta Vuelta porque no hay un equipo que domine como en el Tour"
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana-2013/horner-gusta-esta-vuelta-porque-hay-equipo-domine-como-tour/2011724/

nice website with many races http://cyclingcloud.com/ streaming is much better than youtube, for the ones with a crappy internet connection like mine !

Quote: Originally Posted by steve .

I don't remember Horner being mentioned in the USADA report. Perhaps he has a naturally high hematocrit and can now finally take advantage of it.

Perhaps he's a bit good on the bike. Did you ever think about that?

It's comments like yours that make me want to just punch people in the face. It was a great ride but folks always need to **** on someone's bonfire. ****.

oh it was me who doubted Horner, well he dominated the USA scene before making the leap into europe, the guy has his credentials, but he is also 42 years old (in october) who knows, he is on his way to a podium place or even top podium spot !

"It's comments like yours that make me want to just punch people in the face. It was a great ride but folks always need to **** on someone's bonfire. ****."

Well, Horner rode for Yohannn and claimed never to have seen doping while riding with (insert favorite doperz name from entire team full of dopers here).

Per Velo News:

"BOULDER, Colorado (VN) — American Chris Horner says he’s never seen doping or doping-related activity on any of the Johan Bruyneel-piloted teams he’s ridden for, from Astana to RadioShack-Nissan."

Just sayin. Don't punch me in the face, bro!

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
"It's comments like yours that make me want to just punch people in the face. It was a great ride but folks always need to **** on someone's bonfire. ****."

Well, Horner rode for Yohannn and claimed never to have seen doping while riding with (insert favorite doperz name from entire team full of dopers here).

Per Velo News:

"BOULDER, Colorado (VN) — American Chris Horner says he’s never seen doping or doping-related activity on any of the Johan Bruyneel-piloted teams he’s ridden for, from Astana to RadioShack-Nissan."

Just sayin. Don't punch me in the face, bro!

He could very well be clean.

Quote: Originally Posted by swampy1970 .
Perhaps he's a bit good on the bike. Did you ever think about that?

It's comments like yours that make me want to just punch people in the face. It was a great ride but folks always need to **** on someone's bonfire. ****.

WTF?? It wouldn't be out of this world if his was naturally high would it nor does it reflect bad on him as a rider. If you bothered to read the thread you'll see I was defending him.

I've been a fan of CH for a long time now.

"He could very well be clean."

So could Nibali. But, I doubt that, too.