Greatest Ever UK Rider...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve McGinty, Mar 25, 2003.

  1. IMO...

    Road

    1. Robert Millar
    2. Tom Simpson
    3. Barry Hoban
    4. Malcolm Elliott
    5. Max Sciandri

    Track

    6. Reg Harris
    7. Graeme Obree
    8. Chris Boardman
    9. Hugh Porter
    10. Chris Hoy

    Women

    11. Beryl Burton
    12. Mandy Jones
    13. Yvonne McGregor
    14. Nicole Cook

    What's yours...

    Cheers! Stephen

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >Women
    >
    >1. Beryl Burton
    >2. Mandy Jones
    >3. Yvonne McGregor
    >4. Nicole Cook
    >
    >What's yours...
    >
    >Cheers! Stephen

    And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of the
    men it was amazing. Bill C

  3. Mick Jagger Peter Stringfellow

  4. Bas

    Bas Guest

    > Women
    >
    > 1. Beryl Burton
    > 2. Mandy Jones
    > 3. Yvonne McGregor
    > 4. Nicole Cook

    From the absence of a number 5 I automatically conclude that in the whole of Britain there are only
    4 women cyclists... ?

    Bas

  5. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Women
    > >
    > >1. Beryl Burton
    > >2. Mandy Jones
    > >3. Yvonne McGregor
    > >4. Nicole Cook
    > >
    > >What's yours...
    > >
    > >Cheers! Stephen
    > >
    > And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of
    > the men it was amazing. Bill C

    I am with you Bill Beryl was the best Uk rider by far.

    Not a druggie like some!!

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Bas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Women
    > >
    > > 1. Beryl Burton
    > > 2. Mandy Jones
    > > 3. Yvonne McGregor
    > > 4. Nicole Cook
    > >

    > From the absence of a number 5 I automatically conclude that in the whole of Britain there are
    > only 4 women cyclists... ?

    How about Eileen Sheridan, who simultaneously held every recognised British women's record? She
    still holds some in fact. I'd put her second behind Beryl.

    --
    Dave...

  7. Bugbear

    Bugbear Guest

    [email protected] (Stuart Stebbings) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > >Women
    > > >
    > > >1. Beryl Burton
    > > >2. Mandy Jones
    > > >3. Yvonne McGregor
    > > >4. Nicole Cook
    > > >
    > > >What's yours...
    > > >
    > > >Cheers! Stephen
    > > >
    > > And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of
    > > the men it was amazing. Bill C
    >
    > I am with you Bill Beryl was the best Uk rider by far.

    If you're looking for fastest, the record books will tell you, but I'd rate Beryl Burton "the
    greatest", in the generally intended sense of the word, men included.

    I'd put her pretty high in the world, let alone the UK.

    Bugbear