Cheers! Stephen

>Women
>
>1. Beryl Burton
>2. Mandy Jones
>3. Yvonne McGregor
>4. Nicole Cook
>
>What's yours...
>
>Cheers! Stephen

And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of the
men it was amazing. Bill C

> Women
>
> 1. Beryl Burton
> 2. Mandy Jones
> 3. Yvonne McGregor
> 4. Nicole Cook

From the absence of a number 5 I automatically conclude that in the whole of Britain there are only
4 women cyclists... ?

Bas

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Women
> >
> >1. Beryl Burton
> >2. Mandy Jones
> >3. Yvonne McGregor
> >4. Nicole Cook
> >
> >What's yours...
> >
> >Cheers! Stephen
> >
> And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of
> the men it was amazing. Bill C

I am with you Bill Beryl was the best Uk rider by far.

Not a druggie like some!!

"Bas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Women
> >
> > 1. Beryl Burton
> > 2. Mandy Jones
> > 3. Yvonne McGregor
> > 4. Nicole Cook
> >

> From the absence of a number 5 I automatically conclude that in the whole of Britain there are
> only 4 women cyclists... ?

How about Eileen Sheridan, who simultaneously held every recognised British women's record? She
still holds some in fact. I'd put her second behind Beryl.

--
Dave...

[email protected] (Stuart Stebbings) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > >Women
> > >
> > >1. Beryl Burton
> > >2. Mandy Jones
> > >3. Yvonne McGregor
> > >4. Nicole Cook
> > >
> > >What's yours...
> > >
> > >Cheers! Stephen
> > >
> > And I'd pick Beryl as the best ever. She was so far above all the other women, and most all of
> > the men it was amazing. Bill C
>
> I am with you Bill Beryl was the best Uk rider by far.

If you're looking for fastest, the record books will tell you, but I'd rate Beryl Burton "the
greatest", in the generally intended sense of the word, men included.

I'd put her pretty high in the world, let alone the UK.

Bugbear