Greatest example of Bike skills

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Fixey, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Fixey

Fixey New Member

Whats the greatest Example of bike skills you have seen/done

Tags:

2. Fixey

Fixey New Member

Best ive seen is a guy called Gary Sword do a stand still on a road bike, then takes his hands off the bars and removes his warm up jacket. A no hands stand still on a road bike, I was impressed.....

3. Cipher

Cipher New Member

Lance certainly didn't embarrass himself going cross country on his road bike avoiding a crash in last years tour...

4. Nitromike

Nitromike New Member

Just an example .. not the best I've seen

5. neil0502

neil0502 New Member

Anybody ever figure out why his 'chute didn't open?

:)

6. Rocket69

Rocket69 New Member

Floyd Landis doing his "wheelie" at the TDF closing ceremony...

Rocket69

7. bryanquinn

bryanquinn New Member

Early one morning while riding to work in the dark, I went around a corner that was sandy. Because I had been practicing steering through corners I was able to get through it without going down. It felt like my rear wheel slid about a foot, but I'm sure it was only inches.

8. Sprinter_989

Sprinter_989 New Member

At state track titles saw a guy riding his road bike, goes next to his track bike, does a stand still grabs his track bike puts it over his shoulder and keeps riding. All without taking feet out of pedals.

At Surfers International criterium an MGZT rider done a wheelie down most of the finishing straight.

9. Fixey

Fixey New Member

My personal best was more luck than skill, Time Trial with a howling tail wind on an aero bike with a Camsin Disk on rear, doing between 50 - 60km the rim delaminated from the disk and rolled to the side, as a result I was doing 50kmh on aero bars with 2 2mil thick sheets of carbon fibre riding on the rear. as the only brake I had was rear (track bike) I couldnt slow down. Back wheel was skipping about 45 degree sideways, as I pulled it down it would skip 45 degree the other side. did this 10 times before I eventually slowed and got control. Closest I have ever come to actually filling my chamios