Greatest of all time

Tim Mullin wrote:

> "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Thanks. We much prefered Marathon Man.
>
> Nah....the best movie dentist was Orin Scrivello, D.D.S., from Little Shop of Horrors.

See, I never got the humor. Seems like just another day at the office. OTOH, what possible
reason is there for re-making "the In-Laws"--with a podiatrist, for cryin' out loud!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com

Bret Wade wrote:

> Carl Sundquist wrote:

>> How can you say he's the GREATEST Rider when he hasn't pulled a 1500 lb. trailer over the Rockies
>> or thru Death Valley?

> My brush with history: I once spent a weekend in Aspen and saw the trailer dudes rig on top of
> Independence pass as we were driving over late at night. It seems he was camping out up there for
> an extended period. The next day we saw LANCE ride through town in a cold rain looking like he was
> headed for Independence pass. Maybe they met each other on the pass that day and argued about who
> was the greatest? We also saw Martha Stewart in a book store that day. Maybe she's the greatest?

OK, first thing, it's not a trailer. It's the OLYMPIC TRAINING SLED. Second, we cannot possibly
settle the exact degree of OTS dude's greatness without probing the frequency with which he
gets laid.

That means the Philly crowd makes the final determination.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Bruce Johnston wrote:

> Ken hasn't expressed an opinion either way.

Ken expressed his opinion in the first post that started this whole thread.

There is no doubt Eddy Merckx is the greatest rider of all time. By even asking that question, you
make a terrible insult to the incredible athlete that Meckx was. Eddy Merckx is the greatest in
cyclinghistory like
* Muhammed Ali in boxing
* Pete Sampras in tennis
* Pele in Football (though I prefer Maradonna)
* Serguei Boubka in pole jumping
* Michael Jordan in basketball
* Michael Schumacher in F1
* Jan Zelezny in javelin
* Stephen Hendry in snooker
* Stefan Everts in motorcross
* Mick Doohan in motorcycling
* Eric De Vlaeminck in cyclocross

[email protected] (Kenny) wrote

>> l (though I prefer Maradonna)

Imagine how great he would have been with the real Belgian Pot instead of that lame 100% Colombian.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Kenny) wrote:

> Eddy Merckx is the greatest in cyclinghistory like

> * Stefan Everts in motorcross
> * Mick Doohan in motorcycling

Kenny, One could put forth the case for Giacomo Agostini being somewhat better than Mickey D. He did
win eight titles in the 500s ('66 - '72 and '75) and seven in the 350 class ('68 - '74). Pretty
impressive run, really. Too bad he didn't win a title of some sort in '73, that would have made a
run of ten consecutive years with at least one world championship!

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

--------------090309060608060201040103 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

Marty Smith rocked on a Honda too.

Carl Sundquist wrote:

>"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>

>>There is no doubt Eddy Merckx is the greatest rider of all time. By even asking that question, you
>>make a terrible insult to the incredible athlete that Meckx was. Eddy Merckx is the greatest in
>>cyclinghistory like
>>

><SNIP>
>

>>* Stefan Everts in motorcross
>>

>How can you be a traitor to Roger DeCoster?

--------------090309060608060201040103 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">"Kenny" <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a>
wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]
oogle.com">news:[email protected]</a>... </pre> <blockquote
type="cite"> <pre wrap="">There is no doubt Eddy Merckx is the greatest rider of all time. By even
asking that question, you make a terrible insult to the incredible athlete that Meckx was. Eddy
wrap=""><!----> How can you be a traitor to Roger DeCoster?

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
> Son_of_Kurgan wrote:

>> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>>
>>> The answer is Merckx only if you limit the answer to riders with a penis. Otherwise I think the
>>> answer is Longo.
>>>
>> What about riders with and without a penis? Would Gary Rybar win?
>>

> I think that honor would have to fall on Tammy Thomas.

And I'll bet (s)he can wind it up to 60 mph in the small chainring too.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]