greek cyclists??

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
This has been nagging at me for a while, why i dont know, but anyhow...

Where are all the Greek pro cyclists??

I mean, its a hilly mediterranean country in the south of europe, good food, good wine.

Italy, Spain and Portugal have come to the party, but where are the greeks?

Do they love riding a donkey a lot more than a bike perhaps?!!

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
warning

[cheap shot]

cos evertime they spot each other in lycra they get sidetracked...

close[cheap shot]

Fraser Johnston

Guest
"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> warning
>
> [cheap shot]
>
> cos evertime they spot each other in lycra they get
> sidetracked...
>
> close[cheap shot]

I see your cheap shot and raise you:-

[cheap shot]

They would prefer to ride each other.

[/cheap shot]

Fraser

Giant Atx 860

Guest
Q: How do they seperate the men from the boys in Greece ?

A: A Crowbar hahahahahahaha Sorry couldn't help myself (^_^)
"Fraser Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > warning
> >
> > [cheap shot]
> >
> > cos evertime they spot each other in lycra they get
> > sidetracked...
> >
> > close[cheap shot]
>
> I see your cheap shot and raise you:-
>
> [cheap shot]
>
> They would prefer to ride each other.
>
> [/cheap shot]
>
> Fraser

Paul

New Member
Feb 6, 2002
Is this the best contribution you jerks can make to this forum?

Jose Rizal

Guest
Giant ATX 860:

> Where's ya sense of humour Paul, ya old fart.

You obviously don't know the difference between humorous and
offensive.

Watch now as idiots come out of the woodwork to try to
justify offensive ethnocentric stereotyping as
harmless jokes.

> "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is this the best contribution you jerks can make to this
> > forum?

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Originally posted by byron27
This has been nagging at me for a while, why i dont know, but anyhow...

Where are all the Greek pro cyclists??

I mean, its a hilly mediterranean country in the south of europe, good food, good wine.

Im guessing it has to do with **** roads/conditions and too much wine :)

One could also ask, where are all the black-americans ???
(... french, chinese, japanese, Indian, etc)
(there was one ex-NY-courier back in the 80s on the track, but that's it!!!)

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Jose Rizal
Giant ATX 860:

> Where's ya sense of humour Paul, ya old fart.

You obviously don't know the difference between humorous and
offensive.

Watch now as idiots come out of the woodwork to try to
justify offensive ethnocentric stereotyping as
harmless jokes.

> "Paul" <[email protected]ums.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is this the best contribution you jerks can make to this
> > forum?

on behalf of everyone here, i apologise sincerely for any offense we may have caused to the greek community in this thread, in any past thread, and any thread in the future, and i would also like to apologise for spelling my mate theo's surname wrong in grade 3. I was only 8 years old, i didnt know any better!. I also apologise if this apology has offended anyone.

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Jose Rizal
Giant ATX 860:

> Where's ya sense of humour Paul, ya old fart.

You obviously don't know the difference between humorous and
offensive.

Watch now as idiots come out of the woodwork to try to
justify offensive ethnocentric stereotyping as
harmless jokes.

> "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is this the best contribution you jerks can make to this
> > forum?

isnt it stereotypical to assume idiots try to
justify offensive ethnocentric stereotyping as
harmless jokes.

Rickster

Guest
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> This has been nagging at me for a while, why i dont know,
> but anyhow...
>
> Where are all the Greek pro cyclists??
>
> I mean, its a hilly mediterranean country in the south of
> europe, good food, good wine.
>
> Italy, Spain and Portugal have come to the party, but
> where are the greeks?

If this is a serious question than the answer probably lies
in Greece's proximity to France. As in it aint.

> Do they love riding a donkey a lot more than a bike
> perhaps?!!

You've answered my question anyway.

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Originally posted by byron27
isnt it stereotypical to assume idiots try to
justify offensive ethnocentric stereotyping as
harmless jokes.

I aint in stereo. strictly one channel, baby :D :D :D

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Rickster
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> This has been nagging at me for a while, why i dont know,
> but anyhow...
>
> Where are all the Greek pro cyclists??
>
> I mean, its a hilly mediterranean country in the south of
> europe, good food, good wine.
>
> Italy, Spain and Portugal have come to the party, but
> where are the greeks?

If this is a serious question than the answer probably lies
in Greece's proximity to France. As in it aint.

> Do they love riding a donkey a lot more than a bike
> perhaps?!!

You've answered my question anyway.

No, i really would like to know.
Australia or the US arent near france either.

wassupdawg

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
Originally posted by byron27
No, i really would like to know.
Australia or the US arent near france either.

Are the greek actually 'BIG' in anything???

I cant name ANY greek athlete of any flavour. There's some alphabet-rearranged soocer team that sunds like Pain-in-the-nakkers but apart from that i think they had a bronze medal some dark-distant running event sometime in the last 10 years.

Im betting there will be lots of commentators concentrating on the romance' of being in the ancient Greece, rather than anyone winning and being greek in the forthcoming olympics!

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
Originally posted by wassupdawg
Are the greek actually 'BIG' in anything???

I cant name ANY greek athlete of any flavour. There's some alphabet-rearranged soocer team that sunds like Pain-in-the-nakkers but apart from that i think they had a bronze medal some dark-distant running event sometime in the last 10 years.

Im betting there will be lots of commentators concentrating on the romance' of being in the ancient Greece, rather than anyone winning and being greek in the forthcoming olympics!

Ahh c'mon 'dutch...surely you remember that great athlete...yannis kouros....he pinched cliffy's gumboots & beat him in the westfield marathon......he was that good they gave him the contract to build the roof for the Athens olympics swimming complex!.....& now being duty bound to tell an offensive ethnic joke....

Q. why isn't the greek soccer team any good?

A. cos everytime they get a corner...they build a fish & chip shop on it!.....

yeah i know alright!!!,

cheers,

Hitchy

powinc

New Member
Nov 2, 2003
There are certain countries that are not good at any sport. Take the English for example??

But seriously I have always thought in terms of 'Population vs Olympic Medals' Cuba and Australia would rate very high, whereas India, Greece and China would rate very low?

powinc

wassupdawg

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
Originally posted by Hitchy
Q. why isn't the greek soccer team any good?

A. cos everytime they get a corner...they build a fish & chip shop on it!.....

One shouldnt larf...

Oh what the heck. This PC world is becoming so constricting youre not even allowed to tease slower riders as they will claim under some international conspiracy that they are on a 'fat-burning' trainin ride!

Bow-locks, I say!!!

speaking of **** jokes:
Sarah-Jessica-Parker walks into a bar,
the barman says, "[email protected]# youre ugly!"

Rickster

Guest
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<xbtcc.70167$F%[email protected]>...
> Rickster wrote: [snip]
>
> No, i really would like to know. Australia or the US arent
> near france either.

go count up the winners of all the grand tours over time,
the one day classics, the world cup races and the WC. Count
how many are from France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany etc
and how many are from Australia and the US.

Y'know there was cycling before Lance.

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Rickster
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<xbtcc.70167$F%[email protected]>...
> Rickster wrote: [snip]
>
> No, i really would like to know. Australia or the US arent
> near france either.

go count up the winners of all the grand tours over time,
the one day classics, the world cup races and the WC. Count
how many are from France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany etc
and how many are from Australia and the US.

Y'know there was cycling before Lance.

yes, yes, i have heard of a guy called lemond, but im not over 30, so i only know stuff from what ive read in books.

What about the anglo invasion of the peleton in the 70's and 80's?
and what about the guy from the film "american flyers"?, surely he competed in europe too?