Greenspeed-like trike Gets a Bigger Wheel!

Cycle America/N

Guest
its class? If so, the famous Trimuter (made formerly made by Wicks Aircraft) just got better. Jerome
Hediger, the man who rode a Wicks SWB Hed Turner in the Des Moines to Boulder leg of our NBG 2002
Mayors' Ride (http://www.bikeroute.com/SCNBGFest/BoulderRecep.htm) , left Wicks so he can
concentrate on building even better Trimuters and Hed Turners. And one of the first things he set
out to do , he has accomplished.

Build a trike with a 26" rear wheel!!

He tells me that the bike absorbs road shock better and that it rolls faster with a little bit less
effort. Already his customers have told

out of every four purchase exchanges. Add the proven great ride and handling of American made
Greenspeed-like trikes and this trike comes away a big winner worthy of your consideration. Go to:

http://www.Trimuter.com/bigwheel.htm

btw: A picture of his beautiful machine, along with other fun bent factoids can be found in the blog
at our recumbent site:

http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents

--
MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com 79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle
Greenway CEO

Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it? Really die? By moving thru clinical death
and reversing paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.

Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway wrote: <snip>
> Already his customers have told

> out of every four purchase exchanges.
<snip>

It always makes me cringe when I see advertisements that try to link

disturbing when the customers do it on their own! Honestly, just how

we referring to? And is it human or something else?

you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

Larry Varney wrote:

> you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.

Where do you think new bikes and trikes come from? The story about them being manufactured by people
is a lie told by the manufacturers so the can charge more money.

P.S. The best performing bikes and trikes are those that were raised under free-range conditions.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

> Larry Varney wrote:
> >

> > you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.
>
> Where do you think new bikes and trikes come from? The story about them being manufactured by
> people is a lie told by the manufacturers so the can charge more money.
>
> P.S. The best performing bikes and trikes are those that were raised under free-range conditions.
>
> Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

That is false, several studies have shown genetically enhanced recumbents are far faster than
free-range and have much stronger frames although the rider does risk a slight increase of cancer
and/or brain tumors

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:s%Kvb.207810$275.776150@attbi_s53...

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Larry Varney wrote:
> > >

> > > you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.
> >
> > Where do you think new bikes and trikes come from? The story about them being manufactured by
> > people is a lie told by the manufacturers so the can charge more money.
> >
> > P.S. The best performing bikes and trikes are those that were raised under free-range
> > conditions.
> >
> > Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
>
> That is false, several studies have shown genetically enhanced recumbents are far faster than
> free-range and have much stronger frames although the rider does risk a slight increase of cancer
> and/or brain tumors

Not to mention the possibility that all that indiscriminant "breeding" on the open-range can result
in offspring that resemble a Revive....

Larry,

I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
beholder. One of the strongest emotion we have as humans

misleading and abused. However, there is one underplayed emotion that any successful trike should
invoke, and that is 'envy'.

Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com

Hellbent Rick wrote:
> Larry,
>
> I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
> beholder. One of the strongest emotion we have as humans

> misleading and abused. However, there is one underplayed emotion that any successful trike should
> invoke, and that is 'envy'.
>

> Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com

I can see "envy", in the sense that we might envy someone who owns such-and-such trike. And I'm
not denigrating the appearance of trikes with the large rear wheel - a friend of mine had a
fairly old Trice, and I loved the way that big wheel was just about at the level of the riders
head - reminded me of some of the old Formula One race cars, with the air intakes for the carbs
just behind the driver. I could just imagine that I was Jim Clark in his Lotus, sitting on

And now I'm thinking all kinds of weird thoughts about those big wheels. Calling Dr. Freud!
--

Larry Varney wrote:

> It always makes me cringe when I see advertisements that try to

> especially disturbing when the customers do it on their own! Honestly, just how does a 26" wheel
> make a recumbent trike look

> something else? If any part of a bicycle/tricycle makes you think

> you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.

William. Though 'twas, if I may introduce a (whispers) political overtone at this point, worse when
The Mgt here in the UK was being accused of

the possession thereof by Mr. S. Hussein, gangster and Caliph of Baghdad. Is there something WRONG
with the word "embellished" (apart from the obvious fact of its having a Several of syllables)?

Pettifogger Jarnoyce B.Sc. Professional Curmudgeon

Dave Larrington wrote:
> Larry Varney wrote:
>

>> It always makes me cringe when I see advertisements that try to

>>especially disturbing when the customers do it on their own! Honestly, just how does a 26" wheel
>>make a recumbent trike look

>> something else? If any part of a bicycle/tricycle makes you think

>>you're getting too much of one and not enough of the other.
>

> William. Though 'twas, if I may introduce a (whispers) political overtone at this point, worse
> when The Mgt here in the UK was being accused of

> the possession thereof by Mr. S. Hussein, gangster and Caliph of Baghdad. Is there something WRONG
> with the word "embellished" (apart from the obvious fact of its having a Several of syllables)?
>
> Pettifogger Jarnoyce B.Sc. Professional Curmudgeon

It has been said that "words mean things", or something like that. The trouble is, we live in the
world of Humpty Dumpty of "Alice In Wonderland", where words meant whatever he wanted them to
mean. So, dictionaries are fated to go the way of the dinosaur.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it
to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so
many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

--

Larry Varney <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Hellbent Rick wrote:
>> Larry,
>>
>> I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
>> beholder. One of the strongest emotion

>> underplayed emotion that any successful trike should invoke, and that is 'envy'.
>>

>> Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com
>>

> I can see "envy", in the sense that we might envy someone who owns such-and-such trike. And I'm
> not denigrating the appearance of trikes with the large rear wheel - a friend of mine had a
> fairly old Trice, and I loved the way that big wheel was just about at the level of the riders
> head - reminded me of some of the old Formula One race cars, with the air intakes for the carbs
> just behind the driver. I could just imagine that I was Jim Clark in his Lotus, sitting on

> And now I'm thinking all kinds of weird thoughts about those big wheels. Calling Dr. Freud!

agencies) that have flowing lines and look 'symetrical' to the eye. I think

It's well known that 'most' men are instinctively attracted to a women with a certain hip to
shoulder(?) ratio that suggests a healthy body for child bearing.

Big wheel envy? Bigger is better? Will I start getting spam about a patch I can put on a 20" wheel
to make it bigger?

JR

Larry Varney <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hellbent Rick wrote:
> > Larry,
> >
> > I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
> > beholder. One of the strongest emotion we have as humans

> > misleading and abused. However, there is one underplayed emotion that any successful trike
> > should invoke, and that is 'envy'.
> >

> > Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com
> >

> I can see "envy", in the sense that we might envy someone who owns such-and-such trike. And I'm
> not denigrating the appearance of trikes with the large rear wheel - a friend of mine had a
> fairly old Trice, and I loved the way that big wheel was just about at the level of the riders
> head - reminded me of some of the old Formula One race cars, with the air intakes for the carbs
> just behind the driver. I could just imagine that I was Jim Clark in his Lotus, sitting on

> And now I'm thinking all kinds of weird thoughts about those big wheels. Calling Dr. Freud!

Was it Masters or Johnson who said "It's not the size of the wheel, it's what you do with it." Wheel
envy...that's a new one!

BentJay

john riley wrote:

> Big wheel envy? Bigger is better? Will I start getting spam about a patch I can put on a 20" wheel
> to make it bigger?
>
> JR

No! No! No!

Small wheels are better. ;)

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

MLB wrote:
> Larry Varney <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

>>Hellbent Rick wrote:
>>
>>>Larry,
>>>
>>>I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
>>>beholder. One of the strongest emotion

>>>underplayed emotion that any successful trike should invoke, and that is 'envy'.
>>>

>>>Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com
>>>

>> I can see "envy", in the sense that we might envy someone who owns such-and-such trike. And I'm
>> not denigrating the appearance of trikes with the large rear wheel - a friend of mine had a
>> fairly old Trice, and I loved the way that big wheel was just about at the level of the riders
>> head - reminded me of some of the old Formula One race cars, with the air intakes for the carbs
>> just behind the driver. I could just imagine that I was Jim Clark in his Lotus, sitting on

>> And now I'm thinking all kinds of weird thoughts about those big wheels. Calling Dr. Freud!
>

> agencies) that have flowing lines and look 'symetrical' to the eye. I think

> It's well known that 'most' men are instinctively attracted to a women with a certain hip to
> shoulder(?) ratio that suggests a healthy body for child bearing.

said earlier, I find it disheartening when normal people use the term to

And I hope that you're not saying that the large rear wheel of the

child bearing? Just what are we sitting on, when we sit on a trike?

--

john riley wrote:
> Big wheel envy? Bigger is better? Will I start getting spam about a patch I can put on a 20" wheel
> to make it bigger?
>
> JR
>
> Larry Varney <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Hellbent Rick wrote:
>>
>>>Larry,
>>>
>>>I'm not an art aficionado, but the concept of art is to produce a feeling or emotion from the
>>>beholder. One of the strongest emotion we have as humans

>>>misleading and abused. However, there is one underplayed emotion that any successful trike should
>>>invoke, and that is 'envy'.
>>>

>>>Rick Horwitz http://www.hellbentcycles.com
>>>

>> I can see "envy", in the sense that we might envy someone who owns such-and-such trike. And I'm
>> not denigrating the appearance of trikes with the large rear wheel - a friend of mine had a
>> fairly old Trice, and I loved the way that big wheel was just about at the level of the riders
>> head - reminded me of some of the old Formula One race cars, with the air intakes for the carbs
>> just behind the driver. I could just imagine that I was Jim Clark in his Lotus, sitting on

>> And now I'm thinking all kinds of weird thoughts about those big wheels. Calling Dr. Freud!

Maybe this explains why some people want to change their Catrike Speed's front wheels from
305's to 349!

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

> I said earlier, I find it disheartening when normal people use the term

Most of us can use the term to describe an inatimate object while having no

> And I hope that you're not saying that the large rear wheel of the

> And child bearing? Just what are we sitting on, when we sit on a trike?

thought or idea! "NICE LINES" - get it?

MLB wrote:

>> I said earlier, I find it disheartening when normal people use the term

> Most of us can use the term to describe an inatimate object while having no

>> And I hope that you're not saying that the large rear wheel of the

>>And child bearing? Just what are we sitting on, when we sit on a trike?
>>

> thought or idea! "NICE LINES" - get it?

"use the term to describe an inatimate object while having no thought of

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> MLB wrote:

> >> I said earlier, I find it disheartening when normal people use the term

> > Most of us can use the term to describe an inatimate object while having
no

> >> And I hope that you're not saying that the large rear wheel of the

> >>And child bearing? Just what are we sitting on, when we sit on a trike?
> >>

> > the whole point of my reply was that it doesn't have to relate to a

> > thought or idea! "NICE LINES" - get it?
>

> "use the term to describe an inatimate object while having no thought of

> --
> Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

mother...it was Mike Jackson.....

jd

BentJay wrote:
> Was it Masters or Johnson who said "It's not the size of the wheel, it's what you do with it."
> Wheel envy...that's a new one!
>
> BentJay

And now I wonder how to view the 2004 Catrike Speed, with its hollow front axles! But speaking of
bigger wheels - I got a chance to ride (briefly) a late-prototype Catrike Trail, which has 406's
on all three wheels, has a bit less recline, and a few other things that set it apart from the
Speed. Both do have one thing in common, though: Paulo's got them working with about the least
amount of brake steer I've encountered. And one other thing: they're both fun to ride!

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

No, no, no!! It goes like this, "Just because you got a short drive shaft, doen't mean you don't
have a high-speed rear-end!!"

news:[email protected]...