Greenville SC Spring Training Series

Tom Arsenault

Guest
If there is anyone around here from the SE and might be wondering
about the Greenville Spring Training Series, racing will begin this
weekend despite the snow that fell yesterday. I got this message from
promoter Rich Hincapie:

Yes, please spread the word, I just returned from the course and all is fine - zero snow on the
ground and temps will be in the 60's for the weekend, all is on as usual, hope you can make it

Rich

So if anyone was wondering, and or thinking about heading down to Greenville, SC this weekend to
start their season, it's on.

Tom

"Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If there is anyone around here from the SE and might be wondering about the Greenville Spring
> Training Series, racing will begin this weekend despite the snow that fell yesterday. I got this
> message from promoter Rich Hincapie:
>
> Yes, please spread the word, I just returned from the course and all is fine - zero snow on the
> ground and temps will be in the 60's for the weekend, all is on as usual, hope you can make it
>
> Rich
>

> So if anyone was wondering, and or thinking about heading down to Greenville, SC this weekend to
> start their season, it's on.
>
> Tom

OK ... now that you've heard from the promoter, how about these facts:

a) it's still snowing right now in Greenville (10:00 a.m. Friday)
b) no sun is forecast today and the temps shouldn't be out of the high 30s
c) it will be well below freezing tonight. Everything will be wet and will re-freeze
d) The Weather Channel's hour-by-hour forecast doesn't have it getting above freezing until
sometime after 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning -- about the same time the races start.
e) It's NOT forecast to be in the 60s tomorrow. It's forecast to be 51 for a high ... and that will
be late in the afternoon.

Just FYI, Bob C.

"Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If there is anyone around here from the SE and might be wondering about the Greenville Spring
> Training Series, racing will begin this weekend despite the snow that fell yesterday. I got this
> message from promoter Rich Hincapie:
>
> Yes, please spread the word, I just returned from the course and all is fine - zero snow on the
> ground and temps will be in the 60's for the weekend, all is on as usual, hope you can make it
>
> Rich
>

> So if anyone was wondering, and or thinking about heading down to Greenville, SC this weekend to
> start their season, it's on.
>
> Tom

Just saw the Greenville weather report on their local news station. They're now forecasting a high
of 48 Saturday after an overnight low of 27. So they've revised things downward.

Originally posted by Psycholist
Just saw the Greenville weather report on their local news station. They're now forecasting a high
of 48 Saturday after an overnight low of 27. So they've revised things downward.

Don't be a wuss. Just go to the damn race.

"pedalchick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:mkM%[email protected]...
> Psycholist wrote:
> > Just saw the Greenville weather report on their local news station. They're now forecasting a
> > high of 48 Saturday after an overnight low
of
> > 27. So they've revised things downward.
>

> Don't be a wuss. Just go to the damn race.

No thanks ... I've already got my five titanium screws plus assorted pins and wires holding my left
leg together. I've come back from some pretty awful circumstances over the past year. I'd love to
race tomorrow, but it would be just plain stupid.

As for you ... be careful out there and good luck.

Bob C.

Originally posted by Psycholist
"pedalchick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:mkM%[email protected]...
> Psycholist wrote:
> > Just saw the Greenville weather report on their local news station. They're now forecasting a
> > high of 48 Saturday after an overnight low
of
> > 27. So they've revised things downward.
>

> Don't be a wuss. Just go to the damn race.

No thanks ... I've already got my five titanium screws plus assorted pins and wires holding my left
leg together. I've come back from some pretty awful circumstances over the past year. I'd love to
race tomorrow, but it would be just plain stupid.

As for you ... be careful out there and good luck.

Bob C.

Hm. titanium, pins, wires. Sounds like you're well reinforced. I'd say you're good to go!

news:z3T%[email protected]...

%[email protected]:mkM%b.73637$mi6.38182@fe02-
> > .usenetserver.com...
> > of
> > >

> > > Don't be a wuss. Just go to the damn race.
> > >
> > No thanks ... I've already got my five titanium screws plus assorted pins and wires holding my
> > left leg together. I've come back from some pretty awful circumstances over the past year. I'd
> > love to race tomorrow, but it would be just plain stupid. As for you ... be careful out there
> > and good luck. Bob C.
>

> Hm. titanium, pins, wires. Sounds like you're well reinforced. I'd say you're good to go!

Actually, that's true. The doc says the hip is probably stronger than it was before. But Donaldson
is all right turns and I don't want to pick up a matched set. I'm old enough and wise enough to know
my limitations. And with the luck I've had, I'll find the one little patch of black ice out there or
the one little slick spot on the RR tracks.

All right turns? As I recall there is just one turn. I do hope those RR tracks are better than I
remember. That's a concern.

CH

[email protected] (chris) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> All right turns? As I recall there is just one turn. I do hope those RR tracks are better than I
> remember. That's a concern.
>
> CH
>
> > Actually, that's true. The doc says the hip is probably stronger than it was before. But
> > Donaldson is all right turns and I don't want to pick up a matched set. I'm old enough and wise
> > enough to know my limitations. And with the luck I've had, I'll find the one little patch of
> > black ice out there or the one little slick spot on the RR tracks.

RR tracks down there are still a little rough, but rideable as always. Just pedal through. This
weekend was great, the weather was in the 60's on Saturday, and near 70 on Sunday. Not even a hint
of snow or ice around anywhere. Large turnout for the first weekend in almost all categories. It was
a good weekend. Hopefully more of the same next weekend. The promoter was right on this time in his
assessment of the course and the conditions. I don't think Rich would lie about such things, he's
normally a pretty straight shooter.

Tom