Greenway design - a survey

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by richardmanton, Mar 17, 2014.

1. richardmanton

richardmanton New Member

Hi, I am a PhD student at the National University of Ireland in Galway, researching the design of greenways as routes for walking and cycling. To inform this research, I've put together a greenway design survey, which I am hoping you could fill out.

The link to the survey is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/greenwaydesign

The survey poses some questions on greenways in Ireland, but the majority are related to international greenway design. As the survey will make up an important part of my PhD, I am trying to get an international sample and so your help is greatly appreciated.

If you have any queries about the survey or this research, please do not hesitate to contact me on: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Richard

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

3. richardmanton

richardmanton New Member

4. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

I'm sort of a fan of our local www.railstotrails.org greenways. I enjoy riding on them and it's one of the few things I'm not pissed about paying taxes towards.

Still, much of the land is acquired under dubious political maneuvers and I'm a champion of individual property rights. Just the other day the United States Supreme Court upheld the individual's property rights over the trail's attempt to usurp a trail right-of-way by an 8 to 1 vote.

If interested in that topic you can read about the case at the above link.

Good luck with your trail project.