Greetings to all!

MadeOfMud

Apr 11, 2016
'Sup peeps?

I'm MadeOfMud. I'm a mountain bike enthusiast, have cycled for many years around Birmingham, and I have, up to this point, managed to NOT fall into any canals along the way. :D

I loooove cycling (as I'm sure you all do), and cycle for general transport, and for pleasure; as I mentioned, I spend a lot of time exploring the canals all around the West Midlands; nothing beats a 2.5 hour cycle, warm weather and good beats.

I own a purple Apollo (which you usually can't see through all the mud), and a couple of pairs of ripped sports trousers to match (darn chain guard broke...).

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, and am eager to find others who enjoy (safely) careening around on their trusty steeds/bikes!

'Sup peeps?

I'm MadeOfMud. I'm a mountain bike enthusiast, have cycled for many years around Birmingham, and I have, up to this point, managed to NOT fall into any canals along the way. :D

I loooove cycling (as I'm sure you all do), and cycle for general transport, and for pleasure; as I mentioned, I spend a lot of time exploring the canals all around the West Midlands; nothing beats a 2.5 hour cycle, warm weather and good beats.

I own a purple Apollo (which you usually can't see through all the mud), and a couple of pairs of ripped sports trousers to match (darn chain guard broke...).

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, and am eager to find others who enjoy (safely) careening around on their trusty steeds/bikes!

Good morning, MadeOfMud! Glad to know you haven't succumbed to any canals during your travels! :cool:

I've got myself a silver and blue Trek hybrid, an old green Kia cruiser, and a salvaged Panasonic which was stock brown and spray painted bright yellow. :confused: Still working on getting all of that yellow off and I've had it for a few years now... Only been able to ride the Trek and Kia around South and Central Florida so far, and I try to avoid the few canals in my area--I'm not a big fan of water.

Hope today's a great bike day for you! :D

Welcome to the awesome cycling community, dear friend. This forum is a great place for the cycling enthusiasts like us. Enjoy the forum. See you in the forums!

It is always good to receive new cycling enthusiasts from all overthe world, we're really happy to have you here, hopefully you can find what anything you might be looking for here, enjoy your stay! WELCOME.

Glad to have you on board. While I'm not the biggest mountain biking enthusiast, I will agree that it can be a lot of fun. I prefer to stick to the road, as I tend to enjoy a smoother riding experience. Nevertheless, these boards are here for all bike enthusiasts.

Ah, thanks for the welcome guys and gals! I feel all warm and fuzzy already. ^_^ I'm sure I'll have a great time.

prefer to stick to the road, as I tend to enjoy a smoother riding experience.

I have to admit that in some places the towpaths can be quite treacherous. I may never be able to go mountain biking in the actual mountains, but I imagine that if I did it would be something like riding on some of these paths. :p But! Fortunately they're actually going around resurfacing pretty much all of them, so stretches that previously would rip your tires to shreds and leave you with broken spokes pointing all directions (while you yourself were up to your neck in the canal) are now smooth as silk and make for a nice, scenic ride that doesn't kill you. :)

Nice to have you on board, hope you have fun here. This forums great, how couldn't be, it's all about bikes. ;)